Chapter 4: Four Years Later and Here Comes the Christmas Holiday

(TW: nightmare and PTSD) 

Four years had passed. There were many sad times, but also many good ones. Luce grew more confident and even joined Quittage with Ginny, seeing as Harry, Fred, and George got banned from Umbrige at the start of the season. Ginny was the Gryffindor's chaser and Luce was the Seeker. It was a ton of fun, and according to Harry, Luce was quite good at it.

Luce still had nightmares often and her anxiety seemed to get worse, just not around the people she was close with; even wore her headphones when things got too loud or she felt too anxious. However, all the professors knew by now and allowed her some accommodations, after being informed completely by Headmaster Albus Dumbledore. Albus still sneaked her some Sherbet Lemons from time to time. Luce had also gotten better with affections, like hugs, but she still wasn't fond of them. Her mums and her got closer, and were still there to help her day by day. Also, Draco and Luce spent more time together and she even got him and Ginny to tolerate each other. Yet, Luce thought her heart always skipped a beat or two when she was with Ginny. Even so, the two were still inseparable. They were now in their fourth year; both fourteen going on fifteen years old.

It was the day before the Christmas Holiday, and all the students and teachers were having dinner in the Great Hall. Iris and Minerva were holding hands from under the table, happy to be with each other. They saw Lucinda look their way, and slightly smiled. They smiled back, but only enough for her to see.

"She looks so happy," Minerva said quietly, looking at their daughter.

"Especially around Miss Weasley," Iris said with a smirk.

Minerva smacked Iris's arms slightly, but also laughed. "Iris,"She said in her teacher's voice.

"Well, it's true," Iris said, squeezing her hand, while Minerva rolled her eyes.

The dinner continued and Iris and Minerva both felt as if someone was watching them. When they realized it was the pink toad. They didn't however understand why she was staring at them and what she wanted, but they ignored her. It was now nearing the end of the feast and they picked up their goblets to take a drink. So, they cheered and took a drink.

Finally, it was the end of the feast, which meant that they could go back to their quarters and see their daughter for the night. So, they made it up to their room and Iris sat on the couch, while Minerva did last minute packing and such. The two were waiting for their little girl. Well, not so little anymore, she was growing up so fast.

"You all packed Gin?" Luce waved her wand and closed up her trunk.

"Wow, everything fitted in yours for once?" Ginny teased, closing her trunk as well.

"Haha. Not funny." Luce stuck her tongue out and Ginny did it right back.

"Aren't we supposed to go see the professors now?" Ginny tossed Luce her bag.

"Yeah, c'mon." They headed out of the Gryffindor tower, to meet Luce's mums in their quarters; both carrying their wands and bags. The rest of their stuff would be sent to where they're staying over break, like usual.

Luce was kinda sad to not see Draco, as he had already left for break. He left yesterday, taken by Luce's and his biological parents, Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy.

Dust had completely fallen, by the time they walked in. After putting their wands and bags on a chair, the two jumped onto the bed. Ginny and Luce decided to wait till they came back, but ended up lying down, falling asleep quickly next to each other afterwards.

A little later, they moved closer together, still half-asleep of course. Ginny had put her arm around Luce, whose head was on Ginny's chest within a moment later. They were fast asleep like this, as Minerva and Iris came back to the room and proceeded to stand in the doorway.