Chapter 17: Take Some Time for Home

(TW: threats/blackmail)

Not even a minute after Minerva and Iris arrived back to their home in the Scottish Lands, "I don't like this Iris." Minerva stated after stepping out of the fireplace.

"She'll be fine and we'll see her in a week." Iris threw her trunk next to the couch.

"I know and I fear that it may be too long."

"C'mon, let's go and sleep till the afternoon. It's finally our honeymoon after all." Iris smiled, pulling Minerva up the stairs.

"Fine, you're right. Let's go...I can't wait to curse them at the end of this." Minerva smirked as she laid down in their room.

"Very funny, but she'll be fine-."

"Yeah we already know this, but-.

"Shush, sleeping time." Iris cut Minerva off with a kiss. "You need to stop worrying and sleep."

"Fine, you're right. I love you Iris."

"I know and I love you too Minerva."

The two fell asleep in each other's arms as soon as they shut their eyes and they slept till the afternoon.

Draco and Luce arrived at the Manor at almost four in the morning. "I would hope you remember where your room is Lucinda?" Lucius glared at Luce.

Luce bowed her head in reply, "Yes father."

"Go rest for the entirety of the day, the both of you, and join us for dinner. We must meet a few people tomorrow and you both are to come." Narcissa grabbed onto Lucius' arm, and the two turned their backs, walking silently away from Luce and Draco.

"Yes mother." Draco replied, before pulling on Luce's arm gently. "Let's go, little sister. I made sure they kept your room in a neat array over the years."

"Thanks." Luce whispered, as she silently followed Draco up the steps.

Luce had a terrible and an almost unbearable feeling of the loneliness of being back here. She felt as if the past years were all but a dream and she was trying so hard already to find the 'light in this sudden darkness'.

"Try to rest, my room's right next door, as a reminder, little sister." Draco nodded to her before leaving.

"Sleep well, brother." Her reply was barely a whisper, still Draco had heard her, she was sure of it.

Luce laid down in bed, after changing into her nightgown. She cried herself to sleep, not waking up till almost dinner time.

Luce sat up slowly, forgetting for the slightest second where she was, before everything that happened after the wedding came back to her.

"Evening, little sister." Draco was sitting at the edge of Luce's bed.

"It wasn't a dream." Luce stated aloud.

"Only a week, remember." Draco matched Luce's tone, but he did try to reassure her too.

"What time is it Draco?" Luce walked over to her wardrobe and pulled on a fitted, dark green dress, with a serpent brooch pinned to the front, adding decoration to the waist area of the dress.

"Nearly dinner." Draco had turned in time to see Luce struggling with the back of the dress. "Here, let me help you." He then fixed a small portion of her hair.

"I hated wearing these clothes." Luce sighed, as she continued to look at herself in the dark oak-wood dresser's mirror. "The feeling's still the same."

"Believe me, I know." Draco responded, watching Luce. A slight smile returned to their faces as that memory came to them. "We don't want to be late." Draco headed to the door, with Luce following closely behind. They both descended the staircase in a mutual, but knowing silence, to another conventional family dinner.