Chapter 13: Disownment Hearing

(TW: anxiety, talk of disownment/adoption, & mentions of societal homophobia)

It was the morning of the hearing. Draco and Luce were already dressed in more formal clothes than usual for the public. Draco had on a fitting dark colored suit and his hair slicked to the side. Luce had on a dark green blouse with long sleeves, dressy black jeans, and her still long, but now faded brown and raven hair, were in a neat braided ponytail.

"Why are you dressed so-?" Ginny walked in, as Luce finished her hair.

"One thing you learn quickly from being involved in any way with the Malfoy's, is taking reputation seriously, especially anywhere within the public eye."

"Are you ready?" Draco turned to Luce, putting his coat on and handing Luce's hers.

"Not really." Luce admitted, putting her coat on.

"Are you sure I can't come?" Ginny asked, walking downstairs with them.

All the adults were sitting down at the table drinking tea and only a handful, coffee.

"As much as I want you there, you can't come."

"It'll make things worse, as our parents despise yours."

"Draco." Luce thought he could have said that in a nicer way, even though they all knew it was true.

"I'm not lying." Draco turned to Luce.

"Let's get this over with." Luce sighed and shook her head.

Minerva and Iris stood, coming over. Andromeda and Sirius were coming with, as both had the highest understanding of what was happening, as the Ministry requested for their appearance, since both were blood related, but also, they were mainly for support.

"Good luck." Molly called, as they walked over to the fireplace.

Ginny gave Luce and even Draco a quick hug, before the six of them traveled by Floo Network to the Ministry.

When they got to the Ministry, there were so many witches and wizards who were walking in every direction, which was a little overwhelming for Luce. Draco saw that Luce looked a little nervous, so he put a hand on her shoulder and smiled. He handed her her headphones; Luce silently thanked him and put them on, which helped.

"Alright, here we go," Minerva sighed sadly. They started walking to the elevator.

After a few minutes they finally reached the floor for the hearing. It was dark and cold, which didn't help the nerves of everyone. When they got to the entrance to the room, they were asked to sit down in the waiting room until they were called by a ministry worker.

"Hey, don't worry about it. We're all here for you. Your mums, Andy and I all love you," Sirius gave her a side hug as they sat down.

"T-thank you, Sirius. That means a lot," they both smiled.

A few minutes later, the same lady came to the waiting room. "They're ready," she said as she started walking to the courtroom.

Everyone stood up and took a deep breath before following the lady. At the entrance to the room, Minerva and Iris pulled Luce to the side so that they could talk to her. "Everything will be ok. We will be with you two all the way. We love you so much," Iris said as both women hugged their daughter.

To their surprise Luce didn't flinch, nor pulled away.

The lady explained that there was a chair for each Luce and Draco in the middle of the room and a section for her family to be seated. They finally entered and they took their seats. Luce started to freak out slightly due to the fact that everyone was staring at her.