Chapter 34: Aftermath-ematics

Lucas Lane wakes up in the hospital next to his daughter Eileen and his son Judah. But he was met by the police, not for arrest, but for questions, by Chief Tsuragamae.

Tsuragamae: Hello, Dr. Lane.

Lucas: Hi Uh-

Tsuragamae: Call me Tsuragamae, woof.

Lucas: Tsuragamae-San? What do you have questions about?

Tsuragamae: You're one of the best scientists in your field. On par with David Shield until he went to prison. We need you to help analyze the many Nomu and monsters we got from All For One and Yoshida respectively.

Lucas: Sir, with all due respect, I came here to get some resources, not do this. And if this is a punishment, I technically don't have a quirk so-

Tsuragamae: Not that. We tried many of our scientists but none of them seem to be getting anything. If you stay here for longer than you're intended, the HPSC and government is prepared to fully fund your ventures. You were meant to stay here for a week. Stay here for two more and get us info on these Nomu and monsters we got, the payout will make you even wealthier.

Lucas: Do I have a choice?

Tsuragamae: Technically, yes. And the plane is still in use. We're not asking you all to stay. Just you. But, you have two days to choose your stance, since you're headed back in two days. If you don't say anything, you'll automatically be assumed no.

He was handed a card with a phone number as the dog walked out of the room and the kids wonder what's going on.

Lucas: Kids, there's something I have to tell you. You know how Mira died in the I-Island incident against Gluttony?

Both: Yeah?

Lucas: Turns out Apex or Pride, is our daughter turned into some Autumn Ninja-esque assassin with a tail plug instead of a bionic arm.

Both gasp as the scientist nods his head in shame and the dog leaves the room and goes into All Might's room to meet with Tsukauchi and Gran Torino along with Energizer.

Jude: But, I-

Lucas: Yes. We although she died. You even made that statue in the middle of I-Island.

Eileen: What'll we do now?

Lucas: Kids, I'm promising to bring back your sister.

——————

Energizer: Should we tell him?

Tsuragamae: You're clear.

Gran Torino: Tomura Shigaraki is Shimura's grandson. He's not joking.

All Might: How did you-

Tsuragamae: Someone found a finger from the USJ and we connected it to what happened years ago. He was wearing the fingers of Kotaro, Nao, and Hana Shimura along with Nao's parents.

Takeuchi: Everyone except Tenko's.

Tsukauchi: We assumed he was kidnapped, but now, we think he either A, All For One sent a killer to kill Kotaro's family and Tenko was the only survivor, B, Yoshida sent a monster to deal with them considering their partnership, or C, the craziest one, if Tenko Shimura and Tomura Shigaraki are the same, he might have killed them by himself.

All Might: *genuine shock* And why didn't you tell me?! I could've helped find Shigaraki and the League if you told me!

Gran Torino: That's why. Ace said to me that you're a good friend, but lead with heart more than head. You'd surely give up teaching to find Shigaraki and the League and maybe even neglect your hero duties. So me and Tsukauchi have been doing everything to find Yoshida, the league, and All For One so you wouldn't worry.