Chapter 36: Get an Ultimate Move on

Once Tsuyu forgave the group and Hinata had his feelings of grief finally cleared, he went to sleep. But not after playing some of his favorite games. Especially Tears of the Kingdom. Once he woke up, breakfast was being served and Lunch Rush moved up from Lunch Duties to Breakfast Duties as well. He made Hinata bacon and pancakes, while Maya had an omelet. After breakfast, Shoto, Maya, and Hinata walked over to the school and prepared for 1st period.

Aizawa: I believed I mentioned this yesterday, but for now, Class 1-A of the hero course will focus on getting their provisional license.

Everyone: Yes sir!

Aizawa: Do not take this lightly. A hero license means that you're responsible for human lives. You can imagine that the exam to receive one is very difficult. Only 50% of students pass the tests required for these permits each year.

Mineta: That hard for a provisional license?

Aizawa: To prepare, you'll be focused on creating something new. Two Ultimate Moves.

Mina and Kaminari: Like a normal school thing but-

Sero and Eijiro: It's something normal for heroes!

Ectoplasm: When we mean Ultimate, it's a move guaranteed to help you win against your opponent.

Cementoss: An action so unique to your identity that no other person can hope to copy it. Simply put, you must learn to lean in to your strengths.

Midnight: Your moves represent you. Almost every pro hero out there has at least one Ultimate Move. Those who don't are fools.

Aizawa: This sounds abstract but we'll tell you more as the day goes on. For now, change into your costumes and meet in Gym Gamma.

——————

Aizawa: Gym Gamma, also known at the Academy as the Training Dining Land, or TDL

Cementoss: This facility was my idea. We can prepare unique terrains and obstacles  for each student here. Here you will learn to serve up justice, hence the name.

Iida: Please allow me a question. What is the advantage of having Ultimate Moves for our provisional exam? May we know your reasoning?

Aizawa: That's two questions. And calm down. The job of a hero is to rescue people from all sorts of dangers. Crime, accidents, and natural or man made disasters. Of course the licensing exam analyzes how well you're able to deal with such things. It won't just be fighting. Your ability to gather information and make quick decisions will be judged. In addition to how well you communicate, cooperate, and lead others. Every year a new test is used to evaluate those qualities.

Midnight: One thing is especially important. If you want to be a pro hero, you must be able to prevail in battle. If you're prepared, you won't have to worry. And those of you with an Ultimate Move will have stronger results.