1

I woke up with a wet feeling on my face. No, it wasn't my tears or drool, but just the raindrops falling. Problem... I didn't remember going outside before I passed out. Well, I think.. Yeah, I guess they say you passed out, when YOU CAN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING AND ARE LYING ON THE GROUND IN THE RAIN ?!?

A shiver ended up waking me up and I was on my way to straighten up when a man appeared in my field of vision. I flinched. He leaned over me very suddenly, and I found myself squinting at his dark glasses. Oddly, the raindrops didn't seem to reach him, and I questioned my sanity: "Am I going completely nuts or is he waterproof ??" .
The man laughed in a completely silly way: he was clearly not clean. I hoped he was not a dangerous psychopath, because it was not in this state that I could defend myself: I was dead if he decided to attack me. Head heavy, starting to get pretty drenched, I expressed my confusion as follows :

" Eh ? Who are you ?"

The guy sat up, and then I realized he was very tall. He scratched his head, which he had covered with thick white hair. Convenient to hide dandruff, say so. Still, it must have been expensive to dye it, I had heard that this kind of color didn't last long.
"Concentrate on his words, silly" I chastised myself. He seemed to want to say something important about this incomprehensible situation.

" Is the nap good ? "

I opened my eyes wide, which I had kept narrowed from the rain.

" Eh ?"

As he added nothing, I continued to speak.

" I don't know what's going on, I don't usually sleep outside on the floor. Even less in the rain."

Wow, good brain, I had managed to line up more words than I currently thought I could. Maybe I wasn't totally hooked yet. Second round of questions to understand what was going on:

"In short, who are you and if you know why I am lying on the ground, I would be THANKED to know the reason !?"

I sat up on these words, just to avoid future back pain. I was going to get the cold if this situation continued. The man looked at me again, and his posture reflected a certain curiosity ? For me ? Or I thought ? Besides, why was he wearing sunglasses when it was almost dark ?

"Are you blind?"

I asked the question, as soon as it was formulated in my mind. Shit, I forgot to shut my mouth again, I didn't have any tact.
He answered me as dryly.

" No, it's for looks. I really like Men in Black."

"Oh."

Quite reasonable as justification.

That's when it hit me. The memory of what I was doing just before. I was working ?! It was still daylight! What had happened during that time, and how had I come to pass out for so long? And why OUTSIDE? I didn't remember going out? Shit, I was hoping not to be fired!

The man, dressed in black, held out his hand to help me to get up. While making me lift he asked me nonchalantly :

" By the way, is it you who made this crater ?"

Standing, I was able to admire that the area all around us had been blown away, the ground being bare for 30 cm deep and within a radius of 50 m. There was nothing left. Just land. I didn't recognize anything around, everything was dark and damp. A terrible fear seized me, and I began to tremble with cold and terror. Something was wrong. Being the only person in the center of a destroyed space was a problem, because it could imply that YOU were the source of the problem. I didn't want to cause any problems, my existence was already enough for me.

"Uh. I don't know. I do not believe ? I do not remember anything..."

Oh oh. Surprise and shock gave way to tremors that grew stronger and stronger. I was scared. I didn't understand anything, everything seemed to be out of my control. It was too much for me. So I did the only thing suitable in this situation: start crying to evacuate. The man walked away from me, clearly disturbed by my tears (and my snot, since any normal person cries as much from the eyes as from the nose). He raised his hands as if to clear himself of having caused them by his interrogation.

"Oh, let's calm down, I'm not accusing you, don't worry !!"

" I know NOTHING ?! I...I don't understand what's going on, SHIT !"

I screamed the last word, fear driving me into hysterics. I had also decided to speak to him familiar even if I didn't know him. He didn't look much older than me anyway.

"Who are you first ? Why are you the first person I see after I wake up ? Shit, what the hell is going on ??! Respond !"

Anger was beginning to rise, spurred on by the fear that gnawed at my stomach. I almost wanted to grab him by the collar to shake him until his teeth rattle, just to see his glasses fly. And also have answers.

" I'm Gojo Satoru, exorcist. And I was passing by, the donut shop in the neighborhood makes some excellent ones, you should try it!"

I blinked. His donut story had distracted me because I realized I was hungry. And at the same time, I clearly saw the raindrops sliding all around his silhouette, which stood out against the not totally dark sky, without any approaching him. It was impossible?! I opened my mouth in surprise :

"How do you wash if the water doesn't touch you ?"

He chuckled, surprised, and with a very studied movement, lifted his glasses, showing me incredible blue eyes. And it was with a wink at me that he proudly affirmed:

"Easy, I don't wash at all !"

This is how I met for the first time an exorcist, and not just any, the most powerful (but I did not know it yet) and how I set foot in this world of battles and sufferings. Drenched, anxious and completely lost, but with enough energy to wince at his response.

"Yuck. Please stay away from me."