11

I woke up being dozy in the middle of the afternoon. Rested, but shifted in my day, I was spaced out. After chaotically dressing and getting ready, I walked out of my room. We had to talk, and I was finally feeling fine to be able to do it. I hoped they were all around so I wouldn't let this drag on until the next day, I was too anxious not to try to solve this problem quickly. Panda was still in front of the door and I was surprised :

"Didn't you move from there ?"

" I am the only one available for this task. Everyone else is busy and it's not like I have anything to do. It doesn't bother me too much, I can observe."

" I would like to see Yaga, and Shoko. We need to discuss."

" Let's go ! " He got up and led me into the main building, leaving me in the shared kitchen to pick up the others. I made myself a coffee, uncomfortable because it wasn't my kitchen but I needed the caffeine. While I was busy, I didn't hear Gojo sneak in, and he startled me by asking :

"Did you sleep well ?"

The powdered coffee I was holding flew through the air because of my abrupt gesture, and I cursed :

"Shit, announce yourself ! I'm going to have a heart attack for sure !"

I turned around while he chuckled at his stupidity. He had done it on purpose, of course. I replied curtly, picking up the powder on the work surface :

"Yes. I didn't know you had pandas as exorcists. Although, if you had told me, I would not have believed you."

" Exactly !" He smiled at me like it was his goal in life, to make me believe in nonsense.

I sighed and turned away, I didn't have the energy to handle him. I needed it for the rest of the day.

Shoko arrived soon after, then Yaga and they joined us at the table. I had made enough coffee for everyone and we sat down to drink it in silence. I felt my heart racing because I knew I was the subject of the conversation to come. I was stressed. Yaga began, after taking a sip, grimacing. I had messed up the coffee, it was too strong.

" I'm glad you're alive."

He was familiar with me now ? Ok.

" Yes me too."

Gap.

Great, the conversation was going to be long. Shoko looked away, annoyed. Gojo sat with his legs wide apart, his family jewels apparently needing airing. Reminding me of his lack of hygiene, my brain had the good idea to add the two concepts and No. I refused to continue my thought.

Yaga twirled his spoon instead of drinking the filthy slop I had served.

"Good. The positive thing is that there were no witnesses for the two incidents in which you are involved. We shouldn't have a problem handling that."

Gojo interrupted him, leaning forward, elbows on his knees.

" The negative point is that it is you who destroyed the two places. Same modus operandi, similar damage, and the same residual energy that emerges."

I responded with a desperate grin. Yep, I came to the same conclusions. It was a bad sign.

"So, we're at the same point as yesterday : what do we do with you ? You're too old to be trained in the jujutsu high school, but we can't release you into the wild either ! Also, upon reflection, the fact that you encountered at least three curses in the span of two days is a problem. They were waiting for you at home, they targeted you for some reason."

Yaga resumed:
" That's why we can't let you go. You seem thoughtful, and understand the issues we face : it would be foolish to leave you alone with this, and risk the destruction of another place. We still don't know if there were any deaths where Gojo found you. It shouldn't take long to leak, we don't have unlimited power over reality."