67

I was completely wrong! I couldn't believe it, everything I had been told about this damn curse wasn't true, and I found myself back where I started, unable to understand what had triggered my power! Maybe I wasn't a murderer after all? Which would suit me! But I had to calm down before concluding that I was innocent! I still saw the curses and I had eliminated several of them, which really didn't call anything into question! Shit, I didn't understand anything anymore...

Distraught, I looked up at Nanami for support, but he seemed as lost as I was. This was not at all what I was expecting in terms of information about my curse.

Night had fallen, which brought an already long day to a close and nothing had been resolved for the moment. I got up to pace around, and also turned on the light, we couldn't see anything in the room! My incomprehension made me groan.

"I don't understand."

My mother drummed quickly on the table, annoyed at repeating.

"I just told you, this curse acts on those around you, and pushes them to show violence towards you because you are a woman."

I shook my head, still not convinced.

"Okay, but that doesn't explain the curses, nor what happened to my col... at work! And I was told over and over again several times that I attracted courses !! This story makes no sense! "

"Molly, stop walking in circles and come sit down, you're giving me a headache. And stop talking about curses, I don't know what you're talking about."

" Let me think in peace, I'm totally lost."

Before my mother could comment, my father intervened to calm the situation.

"Take it easy girls, don't get upset, we'll resolve this calmly. Molly, explain to us what these curses actually are. Your mother and I know nothing about this and I must admit that everything you told us remained very mysterious to me."

I gave Nanami a desperate look, who understood straight away and coughed to get their attention before lecturing them on the occult world. I let him rant about the same speech that Gojo and then Yaga had given me when I arrived at school, a speech that didn't seem to resonate with my parents. They obviously didn't believe it. At the same time, I had a similar reaction, I thought people were making fun of me until I encountered a curse in my apartment. It was quite funny, they accepted the twisted story of a misogynistic family curse, but not the concept of curses and occult energy. Well, I was kinda harsh on them, they didn't know anything about it either and that was normal. Once the notion had entered their minds, I was able to explain the curse as it had been described to me before they gave me their version.

" Now that you roughly see what the curses are, here is my problem: all the exorcists I have met since have told me the same thing: I attract the curses because of the curse that is chained in my soul. And it's a very old curse, intergenerational therefore which comes from one of you two! I have participated in several missions, and I have been able to verify this to my detriment, unfortunately, the curses tend to attack me and want to kill me much more often than other exorcists. I have narrowly escaped death several times in recent months, as I explained to you before. Well, I don't think I can say that I escaped it last time.. but anyway."

I stood up to face my mother, and brought my face closer to hers to probe her as I added:

"So I don't understand why you're talking to me about a curse that affects the women in our family and which acts on I don't know what, while I'm talking to you about something so powerful that it triggered me fucking powers !? You're not lying to me, are you... Mom?"

My mother narrowed her eyes in anger at my accusation, but I didn't take it back. She had gotten me used to lousy tricks, there was no way I wasn't going to pull the worms out of her. She could play it perfectly and tell me that she didn't know everything, maybe even inventing a dead sister to soften me up and...