3

My situation had improved. First of all : I was no longer hungry. Secondly : health was good, apart the loss of memory. Thirdly : uh... I finished my job earlier ? Or was I going to be housed for free ? No, I couldn't find another benefit. In short, we were quietly waiting for Yaga to return apparently. I began to doze off, even though it was not very late at night. Shoko had started smoking again and was staring into space. Time seemed to stretch and this calm was welcome. I had to think carefully about what I could do now.

Well, these people didn't look mean, at least, if they wanted to hurt me, they would have done it more frankly. I didn't trust them for all that, but this kidnapping hadn't turned out so badly since I had had a free visit to the doctor. If what they said was true, and a curse had destroyed the place I was in, I was probably much safer here than up there. The fact that I was the only person in the middle of it puzzled me: what could I have done that would have saved me? I didn't think I was lucky enough to survive anything that destroyed everything in its path. This mystery, and my migraine-related memory loss, disturbed me to no end. So much that I realized only now that I had neither my phone, nor wallet or bag with my papers. Either they were lost there or they were destroyed at the same time and I was screwed. Shit again: I didn't have the keys to go home either. Luckily they put me up here! I would have looked very clever hanging out in front of my door without being able to enter. I would have ended up with the cops without any papers! Nor being able to explain what was happening to me! The horror !!

I was shivering again in fear, a mountain of problems had just befall me. It wasn't my day.

" I should have stayed in bed this morning" I sighed desperately.

Shoko turned to me upon hearing me and gave me a sympathetic little grin. Yaga entered at the same time.

" It's good, I found an unoccupied room. The preparations were a bit long, sorry."

"Perfect, Molly you can go and rest now. If you feel bad or anything, don't hesitate to come back."

Shoko went back to her desk and lost interest in me.

"Understood. Thanks again for the meal. Have a good evening."

I fall into step behind Yaga and followed him as he led me through the school buildings. The moon had risen and was bright enough for me to make out their dark masses between the trees. My footsteps echoed on the cobblestone floor as we made our way to an annex far from the rest of the school. Maybe they weren't so benevolent. My brain was already going into horror movie mode with dissection of me alive, insertion of cockroaches in my mouth and other orifices, far enough away that no one could hear me scream. Should I ask why they put me there? I didn't have time, Yaga opened the door for me and let me in. There was only one corridor leading to several doors, ajar on empty rooms.

"These dorms are unused because there are not enough exorcist students to fill them. Only the large dormitory accommodates the ten students we train."

"Only ten! For the space you occupy ? And in Tokyo itself ? But the school has to be super rich to afford that ?"

"Above all, we are essential to preserve Tokyo. And several patrons allow it to run smoothly. There are few people who have the ability to see the curses, even fewer are those who can exorcise them. Moreover, it is really dangerous as an activity, and the risk of dying on a mission is high, even for experienced exorcists."

"And you all have similar abilities? Or powers? Gojo earlier dodged raindrops and could fly very fast. Can you do it too?"

"No, Gojo Satoru is an exception. He's the best exorcist there is, and we're lucky to have him on our side, even if he's very annoying."

"And he doesn't wash."

" He told you that? pffft..."

Yaga shook his head in spite.

"He's a real pain in the ass.."

He led me into one of the bedrooms, after turning on the light. There was only a single bed, covered with a green blanket. A dusty desk in front of the only window, and an empty, half-open wardrobe were the only pieces of furniture. Pajamas and slippers were on the desk, next to a stuffed bear. Yaga, standing in the doorway, watched me take my marks.

" I left some toiletries in the shared bathroom, down the hall. I'll send someone to drop off some food at the end of the evening, I'm sorry I couldn't bring it earlier."

"It does not matter, Shoko gave me some food earlier, and I'm completely shattered anyway. I'm going to go to sleep. Thank you for the things and the room."

I was grateful to have a place where I could lay down, alone. I wasn't lying about my fatigue, it was killing me.

" If there is anything that bothers you, or if you have a question, do not hesitate to pass by. I stay in the main building all night, where we were before. But, preferably rest as much as you can, rather than going outside at night."

" I didn't want to, don't worry. Thanks again."

"Good night, see you tomorrow."

" Good night."

I was left alone. It was time to take a shower, and I just wanted to sleep, in order to wake up the next day, hoping that all of this was just a huge joke, and that my life would gets back to its normal course. I went to wash up, and despite the recalcitrant taps, managed to take the longest hot shower I could. The nap in the mud had affected my hair and my clothes. I cleaned them as much as I could with the hand soap, since my apartment was inaccessible to me and I had no spare things. I dried off quickly and got dressed. The ugly gray pajamas were a bit tight, I wasn't as thin as average, but it was bearable. I went to bed after pulling the curtain and closing the door properly. The bed was cold and therefore, the time to warm it up, I stayed awake. I saw the stuffed animal watching me out of the corner of my eye. Scary.

Let's recap what I knew: I remembered waking up and getting ready at home, going to work and eating with my colleagues at noon, and then having a headache sometime in the afternoon. Then blackout. I couldn't remember anything between the migraine and waking up in the rain. Then came one after another revelation. Exorcists... and everything. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't traveled the sky to end up in high school. By night.

I thought back to my missing papers, and tossed and turned in my bed. Nooo, I didn't want to redo the administration ! My phone too ! I was going to have to buy myself one, and contact my relatives to let them know my current situation. How to explain all this crazy story? They wouldn't let me tell the truth, no one would believe me anyway. Great. I hated lying.

I thought I was too anxious to fall asleep but I was wrong. The overflowing emotions of the day ended up knocking me out all of a sudden and I fell into a restless sleep.