73

Nanami looked at me stunned, before starting to panic because of the blood and the whole situation. Which I understood.

"MOLLY ?! What is going on ? Are you injured ? Did she hurt you? Do you need help ?"

Before he decided to wake up the entire convent just to protect me, I calmed him down.

"It's okay Nanami, everything is fine, it's just a little altercation.. Isn't that right, Sister Aella ?"

I shook her gently to get her to react, and she moaned silently in response. Good girl, she was fast to respond. Well, the knife probably had something to do with it... Nanami stared at me seriously, a dismayed look on his face.

" Molly, are you sure everything is okay? You seem... to be a little disturbed, no ?"

I smiled to reassure him.

"Oh no, it's okay, I'm just still a little ANNOYED, but otherwise everything is fine."

I observed the skull of my prisoner, who lay defeated at my feet.

" I didn't expect such revelations from her, and even less to have to fight against her. And I didn't appreciate her threatening to harm you... I didn't get angry for no reason, don't worry."

He sighed slightly, clearly relieved to see that no, I hadn't lost my mind and spontaneously attacked our host. I looked at Aella, and released my grip on her throat, freeing her from my grip.

" Well, I'll leave you, since Nanami is here. I'm going to go back to bed, if you have anything else to add, wait until tomorrow morning please. I'm exhausted and I don't want to see you any longer."

And I crossed the threshold to join my companion without a backward glance. Kento stayed for a moment, hesitating what to do but I didn't wait for him and left. I was tired of this story, of Sister Aella and her shenanigans. Kento grabbed my arm to stop me.

"Molly, stop! Explain to me in detail what you did in this room. I don't recognize you anymore, you're not in your normal state!"

I frowned : what did he mean he didn't recognize me anymore ? I hadn't changed in an hour though?

"Oh, not much... she told me that I was cursed, in fact she has the same curse as me, and the solution to free yourself from it, is to find the person behind it. There is a temporary solution, but it amounts to simply transmitting the curse to a person who already has it, which is therefore useless."

Nanami wrinkled his face, regaining heis concerned expression as I explained my findings to him.

"Why would it be useless?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Because no one wants their mother, their sister or their aunt to take the weight of their curse... and vice versa. Although I have a conflictual relationship with my mother, I know very well that both of us would refuse this solution. Because it's not a solution !"

"You're right sorry, I understand. But what did she say that made you fight anyway ? I have never seen you so angry, and I admit I am very surprised by your reaction. I'm not saying that you aren't capable of defending yourself, just that I didn't expect to see you hurt someone so much without showing remorse. This is clearly not your habit."

I clenched my fists when I heard him. Indeed, deep down I was thinking the same thing : I was trying to bury my growing guilt by keeping my anger intact, but it was eroding more and more since I found Nanami. I no longer had any reason to hate Aella, since he was safe, and my reaction began to seem more and more excessive every minute. Even though I was right to react since she tried to stab me.