65 🔞

The next day we stayed at the apartment, sleeping and hanging out in our pajamas until noon, which I missed. Events were coming one after another and I hadn't had time to catch my breath since my resurrection, so a break like this was particularly welcome. Nanami threw hmself into the weekly cleaning, and I helped him, delighted to find these daily tasks which reminded me of my old life: I tried to hold on to anything that could help me keep my pace. Even though my world had changed, some things remained the same, like washing dishes and dusting.

I took advantage of the afternoon to put my words of the day before into action, and I made a chocolate cake that filled the whole room with its aroma. The sun lit up the living room, and we ate the cake with tea. I sighed contentedly, feeling like I was breathing again.

" You weren't lying about your cooking skills, it's delicious."

Kento finished his second part. I was surprised to find him so greedy, and I was now motivated to stuff him with sweets like the witch in Hansel and Gretel. I smiled at the thought, before resting my chin on my hand to observe him.

" Do you have other things you like?"

He raised a surprised blond eyebrow.

" What do you mean ?"

" I would like to know your tastes. What do you like, what do you hate, what doesn't affect you... To tell you the truth, I don't know you that much even though we're dating, and I'd like to fix that. So, what do you like about life Kento?"

He responded with an annoyed pout, then plunged into long thought. Apparently the subject was serious so that he took the time to think carefully about his answer. I wasn't expecting that much.

" You don't have to answer me right away, you know. I'm just curious."

" I'm thinking. You're right, compared to you, you don't know much about me and I'm trying to give you a succinct summary."

He took my hand in his large palm and squeezed it.

" Let's see... I like reading."

I gave an amused glance in the direction of his library.

" I had noticed !"

"Yes, well, I don't have enough time anymore with my work.. But I Dream that one day, I would be on continuous vacation, on a paradise island, near the sea and I would spend my days reading all the novels that appeal to me, on the beach. "

" Oh, what an interesting future project!"

He smiled at me.

" I am saving my exorcist pensions to be able to leave the profession within 10-15 years. I would like to have enough money saved to live my old age peacefully."

I blinked slowly.

" A project, in my opinion, very relevant!"

"I can see that you make fun of me a little, but..."

" No, no not at all ! That wasn't my intention, even though my intonation might have made you think I was being sarcastic, but I was just surprised. It suits you well, and I hope your dream will come true."

Nanami stared at me, very serious.

" My dream is evolving. I can't consider it without you anymore, you know. And you ? What did you plan for your future, before becoming an exorcist? And what are you planning now?"

There, I was caught off guard. I had never thought about the long term, my life repeated itself tirelessly until an external event disrupted it and in which case I had to adapt. I couldn't imagine myself, unable to conceptualize what my daily life would be like in 5 years. Quite simply because for that, you had to have projects, desires. I didn't have any, and this new upheaval further encouraged me not to make long-term plans since I could die at any moment!