40

I left the place to return to the city center, leaving for one hour's walk. My disastrous sense of direction caused me to quickly get lost and turn for a moment in an unknown but very lively neighborhood with restaurants and bars full of people. I finally recognized a place, and headed there, before realizing that this supermarket was familiar to me because it was the one where I had shopped with Nanami. So I was in his neighborhood and could potentially meet him by chance. I turned around just as sharply and hastened to flee, I hadn't wandered for almost two days to come across the person I specifically wanted to avoid! I began to breathe again after being far away, and looked for a hotel where to spend the night. The solution was only temporary, and I would have to make a decision for the future, because my finances were dwindling. Geto's proposal became interesting again, after reflection, and despite the fact that I know he was not well seen. Nanami had told me that he had blown a fuse but hadn't given any more details, at least, I didn't remember.. It couldn't have been so serious, no ? He had come to talk to me, and he seemed likeable, in addition to being a handsome boy. Could I perhaps trust him?

No.

I buried my head in the sand, and I knew it perfectly. I couldn't run away from high school forever, let alone Gojo. It was also surprising that no one had yet started chasing me, and that I was able to wander quietly for two days. I began to believe that they were not aware, or that I was not that important, which suited me. It was necessary that..

"Molly!"

Lost in my thoughts, I react spontaneously by raising my head and saying:

" Yes ?"

In the middle of the crowd that was scattering in front of the businesses on the street, I made out the silhouette of Nanami who stood out from a head among the people. He was staring at me, and I realized it was him. Shit ! I turned away immediately and fled into the quieter parallel street, hoping to lose him by taking side roads. I started running, dodging the litter left in the streets less traveled, and because the neighborhood was getting more and more seedy as I progressed. I continued walking, victim of a stitch, when I ended up in a dead end. The walls of a dirty warehouse formed a dead end, and I had to retrace my steps to get out. I discovered then that I was followed, but not by Nanami. A man in a suit and tie undressed me with his gaze, and seeing my fear, gave me a perverse smile. This bastard had seen me flee and chased, hoping to corner me in a lost place, alone. He crept closer, while I shifted diagonally to keep a distance between us, which he tried to close.

Too bad for him, I knew how to beat myself up now, and I was convinced that he was not at his first attempt. He had already cornered other victims before me, he seemed too organized for the first time. So it was time to give him a good beating, just to make him stop doing it ever again forever.

I stopped running away and gave him my best psychopathic smile. Then clenched my fists and waited for him to come closer.

When I sat up, blood was tasting from my fists and my breath was hoarse. The ma… the predator was slumped into a pitiful little heap, whining as a whole crumpled up. It felt good to take out your anger on someone! I was breathing in the air freely, closing my eyes to savor the moment, when I heard footsteps again. I opened them suddenly to observe Nanami, who was looking worried.

"What happened ? Are you hurt?"

I replied with a smile:

"No I'm not, it's fine, it's not my blood. You know, you're really a good teacher, I broke him in half ! I would never have succeeded before! THANKS !"

His expression grew uncertain about what to do with me, and he smirked nervously.

" Good job, I guess. Did he attack you ?"