48

Gojo had opened his arms wide to push the door open to make a sensational entrance. He smiled, his eyes still blindfolded and approached us, continuing to rant.

"I've never seen that, do you have family among the cockroaches to be so resistant ?"

The relief of seeing him in great shape flopped immediatly. As always tiresome...

"Thank you, I greatly appreciate the comparison. You really know how to talk to women.."

His smile widened.

"It was a real compliment. You either have insolent luck or incredible power to survive this kind of death ! I took a bullet in the head once and I almost died, so three ?! I am impressed !"

"Me too, although I would like to know how I managed to heal my deadly wounds."

"You didn't use positive energy ? Shoko's technique?"

She came in the conversation :

" Even if it was, it doesn't explain why it took two days to heal and she looked dead the whole time. In your case, you had unlocked this technique directly after and you had healed for an hour at most."

He thought about this information.

" It's weird, indeed. No other specific changes ?"

I shook my head from side to side.

"I don't think so. I just felt heat in my chest and was in a coma but that was it. I hope I'm not possessed, I have enough to deal with right now."

Gojo pouted.

" Haha, it would be better to prevent a curse using your ability to explode things."

He lifted his blindfold to stare at me with electric blue eyes.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, but at the slightest suspicion, I will eliminate you immediately. You're shrouded in too many mysteries now for me not to be watching you. Don't fool around, Molly !"

A cold sweat thickened my bare back, he was serious despite the light tone. My status as a future useful exorcist had just changed to "potential threat" to him. The mystery surrounding my resurrection weighed on my good faith and I was more than ever for the chop. I no longer had the right to make mistakes, if the accident with Nanami happened again, I was sure to die. I suddenly thought of Geto warning me that they didn't have my safety at heart and that I would risk my life to stay with them. Maybe he wasn't wrong. Despite everything, I easily understood their mistrust and could not blame them. I would also have been afraid of myself in their place.

Gojo resumed his carefree tone.

"But you should be fine for now, don't worry ! How long have you been awake ?"

" A few hours. I had to come out of the coma in the early afternoon."

I explained again what had happened when Shoko got up to throw away her cigarette butt before leaving, after having greeted us because she had work. She had already heard my story and didn't want to hang around any longer than reason. Once out, I stared at her empty chair in silence. Despite the threats, I was disturbed by something else.

" I'm having trouble figuring out Shoko. As much as you, even if you're not transparent, I can almost grasp what touches you, but Shoko.. I never manage to know what she's thinking, or if she's sad or happy."

Gojo looked at me with a puzzled look.

" Because you manage to know what I feel ?"

" No, not really, but I think we're a bit alike. You systematically joke to hide what makes you suffer and you seem alone. You're not that mysterious to me, you know. You should let yourself go a little more often, it feels good to cry a bit ! Stop carrying all the responsibilities of the world on your shoulders."