Chapitre 69 🔞, yes I wrote a chapter about the sex position

I had to face the reality: death had been lurking around me ever since my powers had awakened ! Each new revelation brought me its share of assassins determined to eliminate me for I don't know what fucking reason ?! What could I have done in my previous life to make so many enemies when I was good as gold ? I couldn't believe it... Seeing the faces of my loved ones, neither did they. However, I more or less had the beginnings of a clue as to the origin of my powers, since the exorcists seemed to know my great-great etc...grandmother. I was surprised that no member of these famous clans had yet made the link between my very particular power and my family history with my generational curse, which came to me from this great-(...)grandmother... and this while I lived in this high school for more than 6 months now... The fact about her file was secret smelled very fishy : what were they up to ? I remained cautious in using my power but I was not invisible, the risk of them knowing of my existence and my powers remained present. Maybe they were waiting for a misstep on my part, as an argument to kill me? I looked at Nanami in panic:

"You told me that you testified on my behalf last time. Do you know exactly who they are ? Why would they want to kill me ? Do you think these people are the same people who classified the file on my great-grandmother as secret ?"

Nanami thought for a moment, his eyebrows furrowed and his brow furrowed in worry, before shaking his head.

" I don't know Molly... I don't know them very well and unlike Gojo, don't spend much time with them... which means I'm not particularly aware of political affairs at the top of the exorcist world. If I had known, I would have delved into it sooner, but now... I can't tell you anything useful, sorry."

I rubbed my face, exhausted and helpless, not knowing what to do to find out what was going on. I couldn't stand knowing I was threatened when I didn't understand what I was being accused of, nor the link with my family. The thought that my parents might be concerned too crossed my mind, and I felt myself panicking even more.

" I can't go to the school anymore. It's too risky."

Nanami looked at me very seriously, before sighing.

" I'm afraid you're right. In theory, the high school is a protected place where only students and teachers are allowed and I think they can be trusted... but Shoko's discovery worries me. If someone has enough power to make confidential information disappear, they have the power to do worse. Listen, I'll go back tomorrow to see and inform Gojo and Yaga, before letting you come back. Better to be careful."

I nodded.

"Perfect. I trust you on that."

My mother interrupted me:

"Do you want to go to the temple tomorrow ? I want to do this quickly so I can get out of here, I don't intend to hang around doing nothing until you decide to finally go!"

Before I could answer her, my father did so.

"Honey, we just had a flight with a layover of several hours and a long, tiring discussion. I would prefer to rest peacefully tomorrow before continuing the research. Molly has a lot to deal with right now, and we all need to think things through. It's better to take your time rather than rush."

I added one last argument:

" And I have an appointment tomorrow morning anyway. I don't know how long it will take me and I prefer to do as Dad said: to think before I act. We will also have to identify the places before going there, I have fallen into enough death traps to not want to try the experience again."

My mother pursed her lips and said nothing more, defeated. My father took his coat and the suitcases, and kissed me before leaving with her to the hotel he had booked shortly before. So I finally found myself alone with Nanami, a strange feeling of emptiness in my stomach. He came closer to me to gently caress my back and I leaned back until I was resting entirely on him. Eyelids closed, I breathed slowly to calm the headache that had arisen.