7

"We're under fire!" The helicopter jerks left with a thrashing force, "Missiles!" Alarms flare with a deafening pitch. "I'm pulling out," the pilot calls over the coms.

"Push forward!" I order, Fuck, fuck, fuck! My head spins at the noise but I know one thing, we have to get to the rendezvous point on time. "Keep us steady!"

I pull open the side door and grab a sniper off the wall, spotting another missile heading towards us. My breathing steadies. Snipers aren't my favourite thing, I aim towards the missile, the distance between it and us becoming dangerously close. Releasing the bullet, I hit the tip of the missile. It explodes on impact, shaking the heli. My heart jumps into my throat as I lose my footing.

"Y/N!" König grabs my waist before I fall out from the impact. He gently pulls me towards him as I aim for the next missile.

I release the bullet before screaming over the noise, "Ghost! Snipe them, look for the flare! Pilot keep us steady!" I give out orders like there's no tomorrow, Which for us there might not be. I shoot at the next missile while Ghost moves to position his gun.

"About 800 meters away," I guess from the sound. König's arm is still firmly around my waist as he positions himself to better support me, using his other arm to hold onto the railing. I shoot down the missiles, one after the other. C'mon Ghost, I reload.

Ghost releases a bullet, startling me slightly. "Got 'em," He confirms.

I hold an arm up, waiting. Observing and listening for any other threats. "Clear," I confirm as König pulls me back into the helicopter fully.

"You alright?" He questions. He probably felt me flinch, I realise as the feeling on his hand around my waist becomes harder to ignore. His hands are so large... His grip is still firm but loosens slightly, it's comforting.

"Uh- Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Thanks," I gently move out of his grip. "Nice shooting Ghost," I quickly change the topic.

Ghost nods, "Fuck, and I thought my shot was good." He stares at me intensely, but this time not hatred. I tilt my head, confused at what he meant. "I mean, who would've thought of shooting the fucking missiles," He scoffs. "No wonder you were put in charge."

"Is that a compliment?" I ask in surprise with a slightly teasing tone. His words make me feel giddy.

The pilot speaks on the coms, "Fuck you guys are crazy. Alright, heading back on course. Stay alert."

The rest of the flight is resistless but awkwardly silent. Everyone's nerves were extra high from the attack, but mine were from the forced proximity. König was pressing me against the wall of the heli – not purposefully – and I am painfully aware of his warmth pushing against me, our knees pushed together side by side.

As the helicopter lands, a man walks out from the base. "Welcome cadets," He says as my feet meet solid ground. I stagger slightly, still adapting to the rapid change in terrain again.

I nod as a greeting, "Nice to finally meet you, Captain Price."

His eyes narrow on me like daggers. "The General's pet, leading a group of cadets?" He scoffs, "Ridiculous." My fists curl. He looks me up and down before turning to the others, "Welcome. Unfortunately, we don't have time to catch up, this way." He leads us into a shed with a small map of the area laid on a table.

The plan is simple enough. Our two groups are being split into two, one led by Captain Price and One by Sergeant Gaz. König, Ghost, myself and two others are with Price as Alpha – since he doesn't trust me for shit – and the rest are Beta with Gaz. My team will be covering the larger building, sweeping through all the rooms for any information on the location of Makarov.