30

"You alright?"

Just as I was starting to calm down, another giant wave of fear rushes through me – removing any and all thoughts.

The only word in my head: live.

Without warning, I grab my nearest knife and throw it at the voice. Familiar or not, what the hell are they doing in my dorm?

"Holy shit!" Ghost ducks to the floor with a thud, barely escaping my knife... Thankfully, I guess.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I seethe, too annoyed and startled to give a shit about anything other than the fact that I want to throttle the man in front of me.

Still seething, I climb my way out of bed, over to Ghost and lean over the bastard to pluck my knife out of my door. After all, I might use it to slit his throat, depending on how I'm feeling of course.

"Uh- Y-Y/N..." Ghost stutters, catching my attention.

His ass is still firmly planted on my floor, staring up at me like he's seen a ghost, that comparison never gets old. But as my eyes follow his, I realise what's caught his tongue.

Obliviously, I'm standing – basically on top of him – while in nothing but an oversized jumper and my underwear.

Heat rushes to my face so quickly that I wobble on my feet. "I-I'm so sorry." Quickly, I scurry away – putting at least a meter between us before pulling down the front of my jumper. God, maybe I should use the knife to slit my own throat. I can't even bare to look at him but I know his eyes are still on me; it fucking burns.

"Uh- No worries," he mumbles quietly, like he's lost all his edge. Fuck, "embarrassing" doesn't even cover the well- Embarrassment I'm feeling right now. "So, are you alright..?" The uncertainty in his voice is creeping me out. Ghost's never unsure of himself. Although, I can't exactly blame him since I almost turned his head into a meat skewer. That doesn't sound appetising.

When I don't answer, Ghost takes another hesitant step towards me. "Y/N?"

More silence.

Admittedly, I'm trying to calm down, taking deep breaths and shit. Between Ghost's stunt and my dreams, I really need to breathe. In... And out. Over and over.

"You woke up with a start, is everything alright?" Ghost pesters me, again.

Don't make me think about it.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," I quickly spit out the words before he takes another step towards me. Cocking his head to the side, I can tell he doesn't believe me but I mean, who would? "Just a bad dream." My attempt to lower his curiosity completely fails when he grows more interested.

With a heavy sigh, he opens his mouth to speak again but...

"Don't," I cut him off with a shake of my head.

His eyes soften, almost with pity but it doesn't seem to be that. Now, I'm drastically reminded of that night on the roof... Soft words, fluffy hair and moonlight.

It claws at my gut with guilt.

Sure, he was an asshole but, so was I.

"I know you're mad at me, but I promised to train you so –" He places his hands on hips and looks me up and down, confidence returning while mine continues to dwindle. "– get your ass ready."

Commanding, confident but not harsh.

It brings a smile to my face that I don't bother suppressing. "Alright."

Before I can turn to grab some spare clothes, Ghost chucks a bag at me that I fumble to catch. He laughs, I glare. But curiosity wins and I look; my clothes, a few daggers and a water bottle are stuffed inside.

Looking up, I narrow my eyes on the bastard that went through my shit but I can see his smirk from the creases around his eyes.

"Don't leave me waiting too long, Princess."

Embarrassment floods my face, "Bastard!"

A/N: Sorry for the shorter chapter </3

Also I haven't had any motivation to write and am stuck in adhd paralysis </3 I will try to get the next part out ASAP, thank you for all the support!