Please don't hurt me

The drive home was awkward. Katie was being dry and didn't seem to wanna speak to me much. We got home from training and it was late. I walked up stairs taking off me shoes and getting into my pj shorts. I turned to look in the mirror reminding myself I was still wearing Katie's shirt. I walked down the stairs to where Katie was sitting with only a sports bra and my shorts on with her shirt in my hand. Katie was sat on the couch and I walked up to her, handing her shirt. She had a blank face on when I tried to lighten the mood by throwing the shirt at her. I swung my leg over hers and sat on her lap facing her. I tilted my head down to face her, and she just stared forward. I placed my hand behind her neck and tried to pull her and kiss me only for her to swerve and push me off her. I stood up and grabbed her hand saying "are you coming upstairs" only for her to answer "nah I'm going to sleep on the couch".

I laid in bed waiting for Katie to come and she never did. After a while I called Leah to ask how England camp was;
"Hey Leah" I said
"Hey y/n" she responded
"How's camp?" I asked
"Well Jordan and Georgia aren't here cause they're injured so I'm just third wheeling Lucy and Kiera" she said in an annoyed tone.
I giggled at that
"Anyways I've heard some rumours coming from an incident at training today, do you want to tell me what happened?" Leah asked
I explained to her what had happened at her amusement. "Thought she'd be a bit old for you but you do you girl" she said making me smile.
"As long as you aren't hooking up at my place while I'm away" she said
"Mhm" I said sounding guilty
"Really!? Eww" Leah said in a disgusted voice
"Just not the kitchen or my room" she said sounding creeped out.
" But Leah" I said changing the mood "Katie has been all over me ever since we first met but after we got in the car to come home she's been dry and kinda acting like she doesn't wanna speak to me" I said sounding hurt.
"Yeh y/n, she does this the second she starts to get serious with someone she shuts it off. She's done it a few times since her and Caitlin broke up. Caitlin was the last girl Katie was really serious about but Caitlin broke her heart and she hasn't been able to get serious since" Leah said in a sad tone.
"So what, should I just pretend we never hooked up?" I said frustrated.
"I'm not sure y/n, sorry"
"Anyways goodnight" I said
"Night" Leah said before hanging up

6am the next morning. I kinda thought Katie would end up in bed with me, but she didn't. I got up and needed to clear my head, so I decided to go for a run with blu, I snuck past her still asleep on the couch as I left the house. Blu can't run very fast, so we decided to walk down to a cafe and grab a coffee. By the time we got back Katie was awake. I walked in the door and said "good morning sunshine" to Katie as she only looked up and went back to what she was doing. I walked up to her and said:
" listen Katie, I don't know what your problem with me is all of the sudden, but you were all over me one minute and now won't even look at me. Like what did I do!? It's going to be really awkward for the next few days whilst Leah is away with just us in the house if you ignore me" I said angrily.
"Fine, I'll go then" she said
"I'm not asking you to go Katie, I'm asking you to speak to me" I said in a desperate tone
"I think I really like you Katie, you make me feel a way that no one has ever made me feel before" I said as a tear rolled down my cheek. Katie noticed and it looked like she was upset she made me sad.
"I'm sorry y/n, but I haven't been in a relationship since Caitlin, and I think I'm really falling for you y/n but I'm not sure if I'm ready" she said
"Katie I'm not asking you to be serious with me what if we just went with the flow and whatever happens happens. If you decide you don't like me then fine but if it goes well then we can have a different conversation" I said
Katie stood up and wrapped her arms around my waist, nestling her face into my neck.
"You made me feel a way no one has ever made me feel Katie" I said into her hair as she squeezed me tighter.