I wouldnt survive without her

Y/n's POV
I looked back at my team who had mixed emotions on their faces. Some scared, some crying and some with hopeful smiles. I wiped the tear off my cheek and put a brave face on as I followed the doctor. The doctor showed me to her room and I just stood in the door way looking at all of the machines keeping her alive as our how relationship flashed through my head.

The doctor had been talking to me but I wasn't listening. I stopped him.
"Im sorry, I didn't hear you" I said
"She's in critical condition, she shielded you from the impact. Causing her to break some of her ribs, two of which punctured her lung, her shoulder and collarbone is broken and if the piece of glass that landed in her arm was 1 mm to the left and hit her artery she would've blood out" all of this news was a lot to take in but all I cared about was kissing her. I walked up to her bedside and moved the hair out of her face noticing her split lip and cut up face, gently kissing her forehead.

I pulled up a chair next to her bed and grabbed her hand holding it to my head. I'm not religious but at this moment in time I believed there was something bigger than life and I wanted it to save Katie instead of myself. I wouldn't survive without her. I'd fallen asleep with my head on her arm.

Alessia's POV
Katie's doctor came in and started explaining stuff to Beth, Leah and Viv. There faces were enough to realise she wasn't in a good way I pulled kyra closer into me and just held her still as tears began falling out of Leah, Beth and Vivs eyes making me begin to breakdown too.
"You guys can come see her" the doctor said as he showed us to ICU.

We walked through the door to see Katie hooked up to machines, you almost couldn't see her there were just tubes and bags everywhere. My best friend fearful she might lose the love of her life was asleep holding onto Katie's hand. The team came around y/n to comfort her when machine began to beep becoming increasingly loud. We were pushed out of the room by nurses, screaming code blue.

Katie had flat lined. Y/n wouldn't leave her side when Leah grabbed her around the torso and dragged her away from Katie. Y/n was screaming and crying.
"PLEASE DONT LEAVE ME KATIE",
"I LOVE YOU",
"I NEED YOU"
As her legs gave out from under her as Viv and Leah held her up as we just watch katie being shocked through the window. Kyra turned and slammed into my chest hiding her head from the sight. I just watch, frozen in time, I couldn't moved my body and everything felt like it was uncontrollable.

After what felt like and hour but was really 5 minutes the nurses seemed to nearly give up. Y/n tan through the room and began to give Katie mouth to mouth as the nurses tried to push her off. "PLEASE SAVE HER, PLEASE TRY ONE MORE TIME" she said in hysterics. The nurses shocked her one more time and her machine levelled out.
"I've got a pulse" the nurse yelled. Y/n was blank staring at the floor before she was pushed away as Katie was wheeled back the the operating room.

Four hours later
The doctor came in.
"We've got her back" she said as the collective sighed of relief.
"A piece of broken rib punched her heart, but we stitched her up".
Y/n went back into the room where Katie was this time we weren't far behind.

We took it in shifts all night trying to distract y/n, waiting for Katie to wake up.

Beth's POV
I was watching over y/n whilst the other girls got some sleep. When all of a sudden Katie began to stir, she started choking on her breathing tube. She wasn't really choking but breathing tubes aren't meant to be in when someone  can breathe on their own. The nurses rushed in pulling it out of her throat allowing katie to calm down. Y/n was half excited that Katie could breathe on her own but also petrified that she still wasn't conscious. The nurse told us that Katie should be waking up anytime time soon so I decided to leave y/n to have some alone time with her.

Y/n's POV
Beth kissed me on the forehead before leaving to go home and get some sleep. After about 15 minutes Katie began to stir.
"Y/n" she said quietly
"Yes, yes I'm here baby" I cried into her neck. She tried moving her hand to my cheek but winced in pain from her shoulder.
"Your ok baby" I said to her
"What happened?" Katie asked me
"You saved my life Katie. We were t-boned by a truck on the highway and you used your body to shield me" I said to her
"Are you hurt?" Katie asked me
"I'm fine don't worry about me, it's you I'm looking after" I said causing her to smile into my hair. Katie patted the room on the bed next to her signalling for me to join her in bed.
"I don't think that's a good idea Kate, your a bit broken and fragile"
"Come onnn baby" she pouted. I slid of my shoes and laid down facing her in her hospital bed. I put my arm carefully over her chest and my leg over hers and putting my head in her neck as we fell asleep.

"AHHHH" I woke up to Katie crying out in pain holding her chest. I screamed for a nurse who came in with a stethoscope and put it on her heart.
"She fine, just a bit of pain from her broken ribs and stitches in her heart" Katie looked petrified not yet knowing of the extent of her injuries. The nurse pushed strong pain killers into Katie's IV causing her to relax almost instantly making me relieved.

I made sure to text the girls that Katie's awake, they told me they were going home to sleep but I doubt any of them could actually sleep. That thought was backed up when they all responded almost instantly.

"How much football will I miss?" Katie asked me
"Rest of the season atleast, I'm so sorry" I said beginning to cry
"It's ok, I'll be able to keep you company then    y/n/n" she said trying to shed some light on the situation. I began crying uncontrollably.
"What's the matter lover?" Katie asked
"I thought that I lose you forever" I said
"Don't worry baby" Katie said
"I don't think I'd survive without you" I said, Katie laughed excepting the compliment.
"No I'm dead serious" I said
"Promise you won't leave me?"
"Promise" she said as she played with my ring finger.

Katie's POV
I gazed down as I played with her ring finger, the one I planned to put a ring on. But she doesn't know that yet.