Lifeless

Few months later
Katie and I have been doing great. The season with arsenal has been a bit of a rollercoaster, but having each other has kept us both ok.

There's one game left tomorrow until we go on international break but lucky for Katie and I we only have one game over the two weeks off and it's the Matilda's vs Ireland so..... we've decided that after the game we were going to stay in Australia for a holiday. Australia is my home and my favourite place and I wanna show it to Katie. Plus she will finally meet my family which I'm a little nervous about.

Katie and I decided to pack the night before our last game. We both pack one suitcase for international camp and another for our Australia trip (I helped her of course).

Katie and I ate dinner and then relaxed. I decided to educate her a bit on Australia so I put on H2o (iykyk). I was saying line for line as she just gave me a weird look. I decided to turn it off when Katie looked bored. I slid the coffee table away from infront of her and bluetoothed my phone to our speaker and started to play music. I got her up of the coach and she just stood awkwardly.
"Come on Katie, dance with me"
"Y/n what are you doing?"
"Have some fun!!"
I placed my hands over her shoulders and she put her hands on my waist. I started to sway and she just cringed a bit and joined in. After she was done cringing she kinda just stared into my eyes. I put my head on her chest and she put her chin on my head and tightened her arms around my waist. She's warm and I don't feel like this when I'm not around her I'm happy and I think she's happy.

Game day
Just like every morning I wake up in the arms of Katie. This morning felt different, more exciting. This was the last game before we went on international break and then got to have our holiday together in Aus.

We couldn't look too far ahead with todays game being against Chelsea. Katie was focused I could tell. She would be getting a full game and was captaining the side as it is her 200th cap (jeez she's old ;)). I'm playing, hopefully you get a full game. You know finished off the year on a good note.

Anyways Katie makes my breakfast and greets me with a kiss "morning baby" she says. Katie and I just sit and talk about the game. I've never versed Chelsea before so she was telling me what they were like.

We arrive at the coach because it's an away game. We got comfy in our seats and played some cards. Kyra was cheating a bit which caused a fighter between her and Katie. It was pretty funny to watch to be honest. Alessia and I just cried if laughter. 
"Kyra that's not how you play!!" Katie said
"Nah I'm playing it right"
"You're literally cheating"
"Ahahaha you never said it wasn't allowed"
"Jeez is this was I get for hanging out with literal children"
"Hey" kyra, Alessia and I said together.
Katie wrapped her arm around my neck and pulled me into kiss me. "I wasn't talking about you of course, just these two idiots" she said.
"Gross get a room" Kyra said.

We pulled up to the stadium and started our pre match preparations.

The bell sounded for us to line up in the tunnel. Katie high-fived everyone on the way out the door and I was the last one out so I got a hug and a kiss. My cheeks were all red and I had a big smile on my face as I lined up.

We walk out onto the pitch with north London forever sounding. Stanford bridge was packed. Sold out and the crowd was ear piercing. After we shook hands, had our team huddle and kicked off.

The game was going well. Both teams had a few shots on goal and it was extremely physical. I was beginning to get a bit anxious.

Katie's POV
The game is physical, I like it. But Chelsea are having a lot of chances. I hate losing to Chelsea but it's especially bad when it's a big occasion like your 200th cap and I'm captain today so we cannot lose.

Frida missed a few of her chances and Jonas got fed up and made an early change for her with Russo. Y/n and Russo love playing off each other so I was hopeful when less came on.

Half time whistle blew with the score at nill all. Jonas wasn't mad at us he believed that we could win.

We run back into the pitch and I run along side y/n with my hand of her back. "You've got this baby,  you and Alessia ok?" I said "yep I'll score for you my love" she responded.

Jessie Fleming made a break from the wing and fed it to Erin Cuthbert. "Not Sam, not sam" I thought to myself. Cuthbert perfected weighted her pass through lotte and Leah straight to sam who had timed her run perfectly. Before I know it the net ripped 0-1 to Chelsea.

I was desperate to make a break when Steph did an over lapping run I passed her the ball and ran centrally and Jesse carter and Millie bright had a miss communications resulting in a perfect gap. Steph shot but musovic palmed it. Thank god I ran centrally because I tapped it in on the follow up.  1-1. Y/ n comes running and jumped into my arms and held me tight whilst the rest of the team gave us a quick hug.

The whistle blew against and Chelsea kicked off. We had 5 minutes to score again we can do it.

Alessia made a break through the mid field and was powering down the field at rapid pace, y/n kept up with her the whole way. Alessia played
y/n to get around the centre back and y/n sorted her feet out before she shot.

Y/n POV
Alessia played me in and the goal was on a platter for me. I shot the ball but at the same time I felt this terrible pain at the back of my head then nothing.

Katie's POV
Y/n's shot hit the back of the net and the crowd erupted. She had been knocked down by Lauren James in the process but she scored so I expected her to get back up and celebrate the game winning goal. When I realised she wasn't getting up Alessia was next to her and dropped to her knees grabbing her hand. I stood frozen until Alessia gave me that look, a look I'll never forget. My heart fell into my feet. I don't even remember the run to my girlfriend I dropped to my knees and was shaking her. No response. Her eyes were shut and her body was limp. I actually thought she was dead. Tears began pouring down of my eyes and onto her body. I pulled her up into me feeling her breathe on my neck. That is the most relief I've every felt. But the love of my life is still lying lifeless on the grass. The whole of both teams surround us as I just held her panicking.

Leah's POV
Y/n scored a screamer but as she did LJ had slammed her in the back of the head. The net rippled but y/n's body also crumpled into a lifeless heap on the pitch. Alessia was first to her and Katie seemed to teleport to her. Both of the girls held her like they were never letting go. Alessia thought she had lost her best friend and Katie, well I thought she'd die. I got to them as quickly as I could. The ref walked over and red carded Lauren James who didn't seem to care much but there wasn't much point because she decided to blow the whistle for full time.

The medics pushed through us the tore y/n out of Katie's arms. I followed them in and dropped to my knees trying to Katie and Alessia who were distraught. I passed Alessia off to lotte who just held her close and gave vic a look as if to look after kyra who was frozen, she looked like she'd seen a dead body.

My jersey became increasingly drenched with Katie's tears. I didn't know what I could do or say as I shield her eyes away from her girlfriend who was still lifeless. Katie picked up one of y/n's hands and just held it. The Chelsea and Arsenal girls United to form a wall around y/n to shield from the cameras.

Finally the medics got her back. She was gasping for air and the medics slipped a gas mask over he face. Her eyes we still closed but she wined for Katie. "K-k-Katie" she said. Katie left my arms and jumped into her. Katie seemed so relieved. The medics put y/n on a spinal board just for precaution. She was crying a lot and screaming in pain from her head injury.

Katie's POV
Finally I heard her voice. I jumped into her arms just telling her "I'm here" "I haven't and will never leave your side baby" I said.

The medics were working to put her on a spinal board and she was yelping in pain, tears rolling down her face. They handed me a green whistle and told me to tell her to use it. She became more relaxed after a few breathe she wasn't the so much pain.

The medics lifted her off the pitch and I held her hand tight the whole way.