Its not your fault

THE NEXT MORNING
I was awoken by rays of sunlight tickling my face in a room I hadn't seen in the light. Wait where am I? I thought to myself. As I readjusted in bed a felt two arms tighten around me. I turned over and nestled into her neck thinking it was Katie but as I inhaled through my nose I realised it wasn't Katie. Don't get me wrong Lucy smelt amazing but definitely not as good as Katie.

I jumped when I realised it want her. She woke up and noticed the shook on my face. I think she realised what was going on in my head and tried to comfort me.

Lucy's POV
She looked like she was about to cry as she backed away from me. As she slipped out of head my eyes traced down her body and I think she realised from watching my eyes roam that she wasn't wearing any clothes. She freaked and grabbed the blanket off my bed to wrap herself in.
"Lu..lu..Lucy bronze?" She said
"Wait you don't remember anything?" I asked her. She became increasingly disturbed to the point where I started to freak. She was hyper ventilating as I was helping her get back into her clothes. The only words she could get out was Katie. She kept saying it in between cries.

I checked the time and freaked out. I had to be at the airport by 9am and it was 8:30. I didn't even think to check back on y/n as I rushed out the door.

No ones POV
The door slammed shut behind Lucy as she ran out the door. She didn't even think about the girl she just left alone in her hotel room.

Y/n was trying to consul herself but couldn't. She jumped up and ran to the bathroom where she began vomiting a combination of hangover and guilt. But y/n wasn't just suffering from too much alcohol or guilt there was something else going on. Before she could get back to her phone to text someone she passed out on the hotel room floor.

Two hours later
A janitor had opened the door of the hotel room to start cleaning it for the next person but freaked out when she was y/n lying unconscious.

She called the ambulance and y/n was taken to hospital.

Katies POV
I didn't sleep much last night. I cried every time I thought of her and lemme just say I thought of her the whole night. I thought about her with lucy, I thought about us, I thought about how we haven't been the same and I felt guilty that I had treated her so badly these last few weeks and especially last night.

But then I got a phone call. It was from an unknown number.
"Hi is this Katie Allison McCabe?" The lady on the other line said
"Ah yes this is her" I responded
"Hi this is the royal London hospital and it appears you are listed as y/n y/l/n's emergency contact, who is she to you?"
"My girlfriend! Is she ok!?" I asked
"Um she was found unconscious, can you get here please?"
"Yes yes I'm on my way" I said as I ran out the door towards my car.

I had taken corners faster than I should have and definitely broke a few speed limits but I needed to get to her.

I arrived and burst through the doors of the emergency room. I ran up to the front desk and they sent me through to her room. I walk in to see my girl. She looked peaceful but she was still unconscious. Her doctor pulled me aside and told me that she had started to come back around.
"What's wrong with her" I asked
"So we didn't some scans and some tests and we have found that the medication she's been on for her head is not only causing drastic mood swings and depression but when she combined it with alcohol last night it could've killed her. I'm not sure if you have noticed any difference in her behaviour since she went on the medication but I think someone's getting fired because she has been in the wrong medicine. I was so angry at the doctor and myself, mostly myself, I've been so caught up on my own recovery I didn't even think to see how y/n might be going.

I walked in the room and climbed in bed next to her. I pulled her head onto my chest and her hand tightened around my arm. I sat with her quietly crying. Eventually I started talking to her.
"I'm so sorry y/n, I love you, I shouldn't have treated you the way that I did, I didn't even realise that you weren't doing ok and I was jus treating you so..so..shitty" I said. She began to stir and I felt her lift her head off my chest. She rolled to the other side my her hospital bed and buried her head into her pillow.

I thought she had done it because she didn't want me anywhere near her which I would understand but she I heard sniffles and the bed start to shake.
"Katie?" She said quietly
"Yes my love?"
"I'm so sorry, you never have to speak to me again I'll understand"
"Sorry about what?"
"About...bout...Lucy"
"Y/n you weren't your normal self, the medication you were on was really messing with your mood and then when you added alcohol to the mix you weren't yourself at all."
"You should never look at me I'm disgusting" she said beginning to get hysterical.
"Stop..stop it" I said as I pulled her back onto my chest and just held her tight whilst is kissed her head every few minutes eventually she fell back asleep.

Word count- 992