Who will win?

Todays the day. I woke up early because I couldn't sleep due to the nerves. I would be starting for my country for the first time, and wearing my favourite number. Not to mention I'd be versing my girlfriends team. I decided to open Katie's messages.

My girl 💍

KT-Hey QT

KT-Hey babe, call me

KT-Your probably busy but when you get these please FaceTime me

KT-I'm missing your cute face

KT-Are you ignoring me baby?

KT-Did I do something

KT-That's it, I'm texting Kyra

KT-We haven't spoken for three days please call me I'm suffering

KT-You're the only person on the planet I want to speak to right now

KT-I'm missing you next to me

KT-Just wait for us to be alone finally

KT-Excited to lose tomorrow?

Y/n-Are you?

KT-Jeez finally, how are you shawty

Y/n- *Seen

KT-You are so annoying, your going to pay for this.

I left her on seen and continued on with my day. I do miss her like a lot and it does hurt me to ignore her but it's for the better, once we win I'll make it up to her ;)

6pm- Katie's POV
Y/n is still ignoring me, I guess she thinks it might her the Matildas win. She's kidding herself though. I'm not sure she can resist me for much longer but she's doing better than any girls I've dated.

I was stuffing around with Denise and Louise on the way to the coach when a fan called me over, I walked over to her, and she handed me a half Ireland jersey half Matildas jersey with y/n and I's ship name across the back.
"How did you get this?" I asked
"I got it made special, please give it to her" the little girl said and I agreed.

We pulled up the the stadium just after the Aussie coach did I tried to spot my girlfriend walking in but I must have just missed her.

I enter the changing room and start my pre-match preparations.

Finally I lay eyes on her. She's warming up on the other side of the pitch to us. Her and kyra have each other in head locks acting like little kids. I just giggled and rolled my eyes, Ruesha must have spotted me eyeing off my new girl when she called me out in front of the whole team.
"Stop drooling over your new shiny toy and join the team" she said
I was taken back and responded with "Someone sounds jealous. Self-conscious of our age are we?"
Ruesha seemed to get upset, it probably wasn't the best thing for me to say before a match, but I will always stick up for my girl.

As we make our way back down to the tunnel to get our kits on and get ready to play, I make eye contact with y/n I was thinking that she was walking over to hug me or something but I got swerved and she hugged Lucy Quinn and Dennise instead.