Not just a chapter

" hop in the car" Leah said. We ran to her car to go find Katie. The car trio was long back to my house as I was trying to explain what had happened. "I didn't do anything, she just walked into the restroom at the worst time. I pushed this girl off me and told her I had a girl anyways" I said getting increasingly anxious. "It's not your fault y/n" she said trying to calm me down.

We finally pulled up to Katie and I's house when I thanked Leah and ran inside. "I'll give you guys a sec and I'll wait out here just in case" she said as I close the car door. I get inside the house using our hidden key. "Katie!!" "Katie, please" "please just listen to what I have to say I promise it's not what you think happened" I called out. I got no response so I ran upstairs and into her room, but it was empty, I was frantically checking all the other rooms in our house becoming increasingly upset. Tears were pouring down my face as I was yelling her name. She wasn't here. I ran back outside to the car and Leah I jumped out and hugged me trying to calm me down. "Sh- she's not he-here" I said barely being able to find my word. Leah told me to get in the car as I was shivering. "Ok y/n I need you to calm down a bit, where would she go if she was upset" she asked whilst dialling Katie's phone. When Katie didn't pick up she looked as me "is there somewhere that is special for you two?". I finally sorted my thoughts out and yelled "THE LOOKOUT", Leah started driving. The drive was long but felt even longer we finally pulled up to the spot and I jumped out of the car. I ran over the hill and along the track to find her. Thank god. She was sitting on the bench that she had taken me to, crying her eyes out".

I ran to her and wrapped my arms around her just being happy to feel her breathe. She shrugged me off and got up to walk off. I grabbed her hand and she shoved me off. "Katie please" I pleaded "just listen" Katie became more upset and tears were pouring out of her eyes as I could see her legs failing her I ran to her and grabbed her as tight as I could holding her up and into me. "Please, Katie" I said softly into her hair. "I didn't cheat on you Katie. You are the only girl for me. That girl from the bar had followed me into the bathroom and tried to make a move. I shoved her off me before you came in but she kept trying with me". Katie calmed down. And we stood in each others space for ages.

Leah drove us home. The car trip was awkward and quiet. I thanked Leah as I opened the door for Katie. We were quiet this didn't feel like our home but just a cold house.

I got in the shower and didn't have the energy to stand anymore. I sat under the warmth on the floor with my head in my hands trying to process the events of tonight. The tears began to pour down my face as I thought that I had ruin this good thing. Katie was an unexpected plot twist but my favourite chapter. I don't want her to be just a chapter though, I want her to be my happily ever after. Just as I thought that the door opened and I saw my girl. She noticed the tears and turned off the shower, wrapping me in a towel. She pulled my warm, damp body into hers and just held me. Her actions spoke louder than words and I knew we were going to be just fine.