The first i love you

FLASH BACK TWO MONTHS
(Before Katie and y/n were offical)

Whilst Katie was out with some of her non-football friends I went to the grocery store to stock the fridge before Leah got back.

I decided to make dinner for Katie and I even though she didn't deserve it, she was so rude to me all the time and super cocky. I honestly don't understand her one minutes she's ignoring me and the next she is pissing me off. She does need to eat though and it honestly saves me hearing it from her after if I don't make her food.

I walked in the door trying to hold up all the bags at one saving me to do another trip and Katie runs over to me to help me out. Instead of taking a couple out of my hands, she proceeded to take all of them. She wore a training tank top so I could see her arm muscles. I was kind of in or I never realised she was ripped like that when she noticed I was staring at them. She looked down at them and then back at me and winked as she turned and walked to the kitchen, making me roll my eyes.
"Hey McCabe, imma make pasta tonight, is that cool with you?"
"Yeh whatever you wanna do"
"Ok wow, no Thankyou?"
"Thankyou y/l/n" she said half arsed

I kinda walked off in a huff and walked into the living room and put a movie on. Katie was staying in the living room of Leah's house whilst renovations are being done on her place, so a blowup mattress was pushed up against the couch. I sat on the couch with my feet up on the mattress, flicking through Netflix until I found a movie. I barely started the movie when Katie walked in the room.
" what are we watching?"
" I don't know what you're watching, but I'm just gonna watch some Netflix"
"Alright" she said as she got onto the blow up mattress and leant her head again the couch in between my legs. I just exhaled exhaustedly and she looked up and gave me a confident look.

I started to drift off to sleep. It had been a long day.

Katie's POV
I looked up to notice y/n's eyes rolling into her head as she couldn't keep her eyes open she eventually fell asleep in the most uncomfortable looking position. She's so cute when she sleeps, so sweet, if only she was like that awake too. I wanted to let her sleep to I got up on the couch next to her and pulled her back into my chest, letting her lay on me. Once I knew that she was fast asleep I played with her hair a bit and ran my finger up and down her arm.

She stirred a bit so I moved my arms around her chest holding her into me as I rested my face on the top of her head smelling her fleshly washed hair. I kissed her on the head and whispered "I love you" 

Y/n's POV
She must've thought I was asleep, but I wasn't. I didn't want her to know that I was awake and willingly lying in her arms. But then she kissed me on the head. It's not the first time we had kissed but what really shocked me was when she told me she loved me. I couldn't control my body when I heard her whispers, three words into my hair. I turned around in a flash and was face-to-face with her.
"What did you said?" I asked catching her off guard.
" I thought you were asleep" she said in a panic
" and I didn't say anything"
" no I definitely heard you say something" i set persistently
" you said you loved me?"
"Mm" she said
" do you mean it?"
I knew Katie hated to get vulnerable, but she knew she was caught. A massive smile appeared across her face, and her cheeks went rosy red.
"I said I love you" she said nervously
Just because I wanted to build suspense, I didn't respond to her. I just looked in the eyes.
"I love you too" i said after I felt like I made her nervous enough.
We smashed our lips together passionately and just held each other. I laid on my belly against her torso and faced my face to the side where I just smiled and blushed at the situation. I think we were both a little bit awkward, but to know that she feels like that about me makes me feel amazing, here, I thought the teasing was just to annoy me, and the flirting was just her trying to prove something.

I had called back asleep in her arms, but when I was woken she wasted under me. I rubbed my eyes and got up off the couch define Katie in the kitchen, cooking the pasta that I had promised to cook her. I walked over to her to see what she was doing, and she just pulled me into her arms we still in the kitchen each other space until we were rudely interrupted by the pasta boiling over.

We sat and ate dinner as we laughed, chatted and enjoyed each other's company for the rest of the night.