Please just listen

I'm woken to the sound of my front door opening. I check the time on my phone and it's 3 am. The door was locked and it was open with a key, katie is the only other person with a key. I knew my girl was home. I jumped out of bed in nothing by one her her hoodies and my underwear. I walked down the stairs hobbling as I didn't have me knee brace on to sleep. I saw my girl stand in the living room. I ran to her and squeezed her tight but she didn't reciprocate. It got awkward and I let go looking up at her.
"Katie, there is nothing going on between Hayley and I"
She does speak
"That's just how close the Matildas are as a team if I wasn't laying in her lap then it would've been one of the other girls laying there" I said grabbing her hand
She turns away from me and grabs her keys as she went to leave again I yelled "KATIE, please just listen" she turned back to let me finish.
"Hayley is just like an older sister, she's way older then me and has been helping me since my debut for the senior team" I said. Katie breaks down and falls into my arms I try to hold her up with all my strength, worried for my girl. We slide to the ground but in an effort to catch her I twisted my knee and felt a pop, trying yo ignore it to be there for my girl I sit in her lap and wrap my arms around my crying girlfriend. "I'm so sorry Katie" I say, pulling her head into my chest. "It's not that baby" she said struggling to get the words out. "Talk to me Kate" I said "it's just seeing you with her made me so angry and it shouldn't, I just don't ever want to see you with another girl like ever, I'm so so in love with you that I'm anxious every single day that I might lose you. And I just cant even think as to why you love me too as you said Hayley is way older than you but she's 29 and I'm 28 is a year really that big of a difference?" Katie continued to speak her mind and all I did was sit and listened squeezing her tighter everytime she cried.

Katie fell asleep with me in her lap as I held her head against my chest. I sat for hours letting her sleep but I was in excruciating pain in my knee from the position. But I wasn't going to move I just wanted to feel her heart beat against my body and her warm breath against my neck.

8am
I wake up on the floor of my living room, Katie is laying next to me her eyes still puffy from crying last night. I didn't want to worry her but I think when I caught her and we fell to the floor I hurt my knee even worse.
I try to get up and when I'm finally on two feet I go to take my first step. My knee couldn't support any of my weight and I fall to the ground. Katie jumps up and grabs me holding my torso up. I look up at her in pain.

Katie's POV
I wake up when y/n leaves my arms. I opened my eyes and am about to say good morning when I notice that she couldn't support her weight on her knee. She fell to the ground and yelped in pain. I slide along the floor to get to her pulling her back off the floor and supporting her head in my arms. The pain and panic in her eyes when she looked up at me made me feel like I was going to be sick. I stand up to try and pull her up, she couldn't put any weight on it so I lifted her onto the couch I brought her some pain killers and a glass of water as I walked up stairs to grab my phone, keys and a pair of shorts for her. I lifted her up and took her to the car. I got in my seat and called Leah telling her to tell Jonas I'll either be late or not show up to training and y/n won't be at recovery. I drove straight to the ER to get her scans.

We arrived and I parked the car and lifted her out. A nurse noticed me carrying her and ran out of the doors with a wheelchair. I put her in the wheelchair and the nurse pushed her into the emergency room. The nurse asked my relation to her and I told them I was her girlfriend so she handed me some paperwork as she wheeled my girlfriend down the hall.

11am (still Katie's POV)
I'm becoming increasingly worried as I hadn't heard anything. But just as I look up I see a doctor "Miss McCabe" he said to the waiting room. "Yes yes, that's me" I say jumping out of my chair. "It's not her ACL" he said as I sighed in relief. "Can I see her" I said "yes follow me" he replied.
I walk into the hospital room to see the love of my life sitting up in a hospital bed in a hospital gown. I run over to her and grab her hand and kiss her softly. The doctor cleared his throat in an effort to get our attention I turn to face him and he gestured me out of the room to speak in the hallway
"so it's not a cruciate ligament tear but it's a dislocation. Her knee cap was slipped when she injured it playing volleyball but whatever she did last night made it completely dislocate. I honestly don't know how she got through the night with the amount of pain she would've been in."
"I hate to ask but when will she be back on the pitch?"
"It's actually not too long 2-3 weeks depending on how the surgery goes"
"Surgery!?"
"Oh sorry I forgot to mention we couldn't get it back in place and trying to put it back in with her awake was terrible for her she screamed and cried and called for you I'm sorry I couldn't come get you" I grew angry and frustrated
"so you're telling me you and your nurses put my girlfriend through excruciating pain and let her scream and cry by herself while I was just sitting in the waiting room?"
"Ahhh yes sorry it's protocol"
I walk away from the doctor and back into the room where my girlfriend is climbing into the hospital bed with her, minding her knee. I ask her
"How are you feeling?"
"I'm pretty drugged up so I can't feel anything, but Katie..."
"Yeh?"
"I've never been through so much pain as they put me through. They were trying to put my knee back into place and I was calling for you but you never came"
Her words shattered my heart
"Why did you let them do it to you?"
"Because they told me recovery time would be cut in half if I didn't have surgery"
"You're young, you've got so many games with arsenal ahead of you. Don't be worried about a couple of weeks. It's not worth that kind of pain y/n"

8pm (y/n POV)
I'm being prepped for surgery. I'm very nervous but I just want to get back on the pitch. Katie had been amazing I feel bad for worrying her but she has just calmed me down and held my hand through everything. I hate needles so when they put a drip in she distracted me and when they needed to move me onto an operation bed she held both of my hands. She's fallen asleep on the chair next to my bed and I really don't want to wake her but it's time for me surgery. She wakes up in a panic and I calm her down telling her they were taking me in now. She tells me "I'm just here, I'm not going anywhere, you'll be great" and kissed my forehead as she got smaller and smaller down the corridor as I was wheeled away.