Bronze

Y/n POV
Missing so much football has been hard. Katie and I make sure to attend all the home matches. We miss see the girls everyday. Neither Katie or I have to do physiotherapy we just have to give our bodies time to heal.

But things with Katie have been different. We were all over eachother the first couple weeks after she came home but I think we are both a bit depressed being stuck in the house all the time. We have started to fight over little stuff like who's doing the shopping and who forgot to wash up their dishes.

To be honest I've really been struggling. Katie is normally my salvation from the stress and sadness but not at the moment.

Tonight is Leah's birthday party and Katie and I have been invited. Katie and I hadn't talked much about what we were wearing but the dress code was kinda fancy.

Katie can be hopeless with her fashion so I went out to get her an outfit. I bought her a black suit and some dunks to go with them. When I brought it home she seemed to get angry at me.
"Katieeee"
"Yeh what's up"
"I got you an outfit for tonight"
"Oh ok"
*I pull out the outfit
"Do you like it?" I asked
"What did you get this!?" She said angrily
"I thought you didn't have anything to wear, and I kinda wanted us to be matching"
"Return it i don't want it"
"Why? Do you have something else to where?"
"No but it's always what you want isn't it"

That comments made me upset. I ran to my bedroom (the one that used to stay unused when Katie and I slept in the same bed but I sleep there alone now). I closed my door and locked it behind me and cried infront of the mirror in my bathroom. All I was doing was trying to do something nice and have a cut matching outfit.

I grabbed my black satin mini dress and my black heels off my bed and into a duffle bag where I also put my phone, keys, wallet and makeup bag. I snuck out of the house and drove the Alessia and Kyra's house to get ready with them.

I pulled up and knocked on the door. I collected myself so they wouldn't realise I've been crying.
"SURPRISE!!"
"Oh my goodness y/n, I didn't know you were coming over" said Alessia
"I thought id get ready with you for Leah's and we can all go together?"
"Yesss let's do it" said Kyra

We all got ready and were wearing similar outfits just Kyra's was red and Alessia's was champagne colour.

I drove us to the venue and kinda just skipped over all of Kyra and Alessia's questions about Katie.

We pulled up to the place and there was valet and tones of people. Leah greeted us and complimented our outfits as we walked in. We started to go around the place saying hey to everyone. There were seriously hundreds of people but I couldn't find Katie.
"How does Leah even know this many people?" I laughed to Alessia and Kyra but when I turned around they weren't behind me anymore.

"Hey!" I heard coming from the bar. I was Lucy bronze. Oh god I thought to myself I've have a celebrity crush on her since I was 15. I walked over to the bar and she ask.
"What are you drink my love"
"Ahh, surprise me"
She ordered me a glass of champagne. She pulled up the stool beside her at the bar, and I sat down.
We started small talk and I know I shouldn't be flirting but I missed it. Katie has been so distant with me for months and there only so much one girl can take.
"Are you a footballer?" Lucy ask
"Yeh I play with Leah at Arsenal, your at barcalona right?"
"Ahh yeah I am, how did you know that?" She said making me blush
"I know who you are, Lucy Bronze"
"Oh Ahahha, so what's your name" Lucy asked
"Y/n y/l/n"
"Oh yeh I've heard of you"
"What have you heard I continued flirting"
"Only that you are an up and coming star"
"Oh shush" I said giggling.

This is not good, Lucy being flirty with me is bad but she's kinda my weakness. As long as Katie doesn't see me with her it should be fine technically I'm not doing anything wrong, right?"

Lucy stood up and told me to come with her she would introduce me to some of the other Barca girls. As I started walking she placed her hand on my side and held her drink in the other. We walked over to Keira and Aitana. I got very shy, I'm a lot younger than them and kinda got start struck.
"Girls, this is y/n y/l/n" Lucy introduced me
"Oh hey" Keira Walsh
"Nice to meet you" Aitana said in a strong Spanish accent.
"I'm Aitan..." I cut her off
"I know who you are" I said nervously. Lucy giggled a bit and started talking in Spanish to aitana and Keira.
"ella es linda, quiero llevarla de regreso a mi habitación de hotel" (shes cute, i want to take her back to my hotel room). I choked a bit on my champagne and Keira pointed to me drawing Lucy's attention. Lucy went red.
"¿hablas español?" Keira asked
"Si" I responded as I looked up at Lucy.
Keira and Aitana lost it, they were crying of laughter.

I laughed a comment off and continued to have fun with the girls. Maybe a little too fun, because I was about six glasses of champagne in. I still haven't seen Katie so I was guessing she wasn't coming. She might've been texting me to ask me where I am, but I left my phone in the car.

"Hey y/n" Lucy said
"Can we exchange number? You know if you're ever in Spain and you need a tour guide?" She said
"Yeh sure, I've just gotta go grab my phone out of my car" I said, as I turned and walked the opposite direction.
"Wait, I'll come" Lucy said, jogging to catch up to me.
" you're a bit too drunk to make it to your car and back" she said. Oh she's protective that's kinda hot.

We made it out the door and started to walk left to the car park when I heard me name.
"Y/n?" It was Katie
"Oh hey Kate, you wore the outfit? It looks really nice on you" I said
"Oh thanks" she said awkwardly.
"I'll be back just grabbing my phone" I said to her
"With Lucy bronze?" She asked
"Yeh she's just coming with me, I may have drunk a bit too much" I said
"Oh ok" she said as she looked at Lucy and stood a little taller.
"That was I weird interaction" Lucy said
"Yeh it's been like that for a while now"
"What do you mean?" Lucy asked
"Well Katie's my...." I stopped myself I don't know why but I didn't want Lucy to know I had a girlfriend.
"She my teammate and roommate ahahaha" I said to Lucy.

We continued down the stairs and into the car park where I unlocked my car and reached into the centre console to grab my phone.

Lucys POV
She leant into her car and I just couldn't help it I stepped closer to her and waited for her to come back out. She turned back around and I kissed her. She pulled away really quick but I place one hand on the roof of her car and the other I placed on her waist. She kissed me back.

Y/n POV
She kissed me. I was in shock but then I kissed her back. It was amazing I hadn't felt like this in months. Until I heard
"Y/n?" I turned to see Katie standing about 20 metres away. Oh shit.

Word count- 1350
Sorry I've been MIA I've not known what to talk about but here's a but for you.