Game day

Katie's POV

6am
My alarm went off and I turned it off as fast as I could, so I wouldn't wake up the girl laying next to me, she looked so cute when she slept. She didn't need to get up this early as she can't play today because of her knee. She will just come at the same time as the fans.

Y/n POV
I'm awoken by the soft touch of her lips against mine. She whispers "go back to sleep" as she turns to leave my room. Her toned, tanned body only in short and a sports bra amazes me every time I see it.

10am
I'm nearly ready to leave for the game. I grab my smoothie and my keys as I walk out the door to meet my team for the first game of the season.

I pull up at the Emirates and I show my pass to security as they open a gate for me to drive through. I walk in the back entrance to meet my girls in the changing room. They all turned their heads to look at me some we happy to see me and others had sympathetic looks on their faces. Katie stands up from her cubby with the captains armband on and placed her hands gently on my waist. "Imma score for you today, baby" she said I lean in to kiss her, but as our lips connected bloody kyra runs over to me and bites my arm making less laugh. "Ahhh kyra" I say trying to chase her around the change room but my leg was in a brace to I couldn't catch her until she ran into Katie who grabbed her for me to attack. Just as I got to her Jonas came in.

"Alright girls it's go time, I've prepared you as best I can up until this point now it's your turn to show me what you can do. You girls need to think for yourselves and for the team!!" Katie's leans into the huddle and yell "ARSENAL ON THREE, ONE, TWO, THREE" "ARSENAL!!!" We all yell. The girls are hyping each other up on their wad to line up in the tunnel. I go and find my seat behind the bench.

The game was good but close. Manchester city was having their chances but the heroics from our girls saved the game until half time 0-0.
After the whistle blew to start the second half Caitlin Foord receive the ball and started running up the wing. Viv and Katie We're running up to provide an option in the box, awaiting her Cross. Caitlin placed her ball perfectly in the box for Viv to tap in but the goalkeeper saved it, the goalkeeper didn't take hold of it, and Katie smashed into the back of the net of the rebound. The Emirates erupted and the girls all jumped on Katie. Katie turned to me and the crowd and held up a love heart as the camera panned to me making the whole crown aw. The game ended at a 1-0 win for the gunners. I got onto the pitch and run over to Katie and hugged her.

All of the Arsenal and City girls were chilling out on the pitch, talking to each other and interacting with the fans. Caitlin, Steph, Kyra and I walked over to Hayley, Alanna and Mary it was like a Tillies reunion. We all decided to sit around when Hayley sat behind me and pulled me back so I was laying in her lap. That was normal behaviour for us, the Matilda's are all really close with each other like that. We were all laughing before I noticed Katie walked over to shake hands with the Aussie girls. She noticed me in Hayley's lap and seem to become upset. "Kate, come sit" I called out to her. She didn't even acknowledge my existence and walked off the pitch and into the tunnel. I didn't take much notice I just kept talking with the girls. We sat around for ages just catching up. "We should do this more girl" Alanna said. "Yeh hey, whenever you arsenal girls are in Manchester versing United, Everton or Liverpool or when we come back to London to verse spurs, Chelsea or west ham we can all go out" Mary said, "yesss let's do it" "looking forward to it" Steph and Caitlin said.

We get up to say our goodbye as the photographers are taking photos of our group hug and individual hugs for the Matilda's Instagram. I hug hayley and kiss her on the cheek telling her I'll miss her, doing the same to Alanna and Mary. Kyra tells me to jump on her back so we can get off the pitch quicker we both the laugh whole way even when she dumps me on a bean bag in the change room. Alessia, kyra and I make plans to go out tonight as I drove here and we don't have to catch the coach back to London Colney. I swing by Katie and I's place to get changed leaving less and kyra in the car. I run through the door past my girl who was sitting on the lounge "hey Kate", I run up stairs to get changed. I grabbed a mini dress and some heals and my makeup bag as I ran back down. "Where are you going?" Katie asked, "clubbing with kyra and less" I said grabbing my keys, as I walk over to kiss my girlfriend goodbye Katie scoffed "thanks for the invite" she was in a mood since the game so I didn't even think to invite her "you can come" I said to her "but you need to get changed quick. "Nah I'm good imma go to sleep" she said swerving my kiss.

I ran out the door to meet kyra and less back in the car. "Jeez you took your time" kyra said "yeh Katie's in a mod about something" I said "oh no what did you do?" Alessia asked "literally nothing but I'll ask her tomorrow, right now we are going to party".

I'm the only taken one or the trio and I'm also the designated driver tonight on top of being injured I was trying my best to have fun. Kyra and Alessia are straight so we didn't go to any gay bars. But I didn't mind. Funnily enough we bumped into some of the Barca girls. Barcalona are in London at the moment for their champions league game against Chelsea. They won of course but it's only group stages so they were just celebrating getting out of the group. Alessia went over and started talking to Ona when Keira appeared from the crowd. Mapi and lucy weren't far behind. We all knew each other or knew friends of each others so we all decided to stick together tonight and hangout. We had so much fun going for club to club getting papavrazzied. We decided to get ice cream and go sit on th beach, Keira and lucy went off to make out whilst Ona caught up with less and kyra sat with them. Mapi and I decided to get to know each other. We got on the topic of girl troubles when she was talking about how she used to get jealous whenever Ingrid would speak to other girls on the team or hug them after a goal.
"So I've heard rumours about you and Mccabe" she said
"what'd you hear?" I asked
"ah that you guys have been spotted together a few times, what do you said ser pareja en publico (being a couple in public) me knowing I bit of Spanish since my grandparents are from there knew what she said.
"Yeh I kinda fell for her straight away and she asked me to be her girlfriend. We aren't hiding it from the public but we didn't announce it either" I said
"Sí, sé lo que quieres decir, ¿cómo va todo? (yes i know what you mean, how is it all going?)" she asked
"well good until this arvo" I said
"qué sucedió (what happened)"
"she just been off"
"¿Hiciste algo para molestarla? (did you do anything to upset her?)"
"We'll I was sitting with some of the Aussie girl and then.... Oh shit I know what I did" I've gotta explain to her.
I jump up apologising to Mapi for kicking Sand in her direction and run over to Alessia and Kyra. "Girls I've gotta go talk to Katie do you want to leave now or can you catch a cab home?" Ona butted in and offered to drive them home as she hadn't drunk anything and Lucy and Keira we still off hooking up on the beach somewhere
"Thanks girl" I yelled behind me is I tried to jog of the sand not very gracefully with my knee still in a brace.

12:30am
I run through the door calling out for my girl but to no response. I walk upstairs thinking maybe she's asleep. I checked her bedroom and her bed was empty, so I went and checked my bed, but that was also empty. I started to get nervous as I called Leah. Leah answer the phone in a serious tone.
"Hi y/n"
"Leah! Have you seen Katie"
"Yes she's here, with me"
"Oh ok I'm coming over"
"No y/n I don't think that's a good idea"
"Huh?"
"She's pissed off at you, rightfully so"
"Is this about Hayley?"
"Ah yes y/n, it's about Hayley"
"Please can you put her on the phone"
"No you can speak to her in the morning I've just gotten her to sleep" she said hanging up the phone.

I struggled to sleep that night. Not only because I'm not used to being in her arms but because I felt so guilty that I had upset her like that.