Chapter 30

Y/ns POV
Days had blurred into weeks and katie was getting better, I was so relieved to see her improve but my guilt only grew more insufferable with every minor procedure Katie endured to get better. With the removable of every stitch and cleaning of every cut I watch the tears roll down the face of the love of my life. She tried to stay strong and it killed her to show weakness to anyone but myself. She would prefer to hold a brave face when she had visitors or nurses in the room and break apart when it was just her and I but what she went through didn't allow her to have that privacy.

I was guilty for many reasons:
1. I was driving the car
2. If I hadn't of insisted that I pick her up and then get held back at the doctors then we wouldn't of been in the those conditions
3. I should've pulled over when she told me to
4. She risked her life to save mine

Of course she was relieved that I didn't have a scratch on me but when I looked into her glossy eyes damp from a stitch being removed or feeling her flinch under me when I staple was taken from the gashes in her head or when she would pull me into her for desperate comfort when she knew pain was coming or when she buried her head into my chest when her blood was being drawn I felt sick. I wished I could take the pain, I would take it all for her.

I would never cry infront of her. In the moments when I was scared or angry or sad I would hold on to my tears and release them when she was sleeping, when I was in the bathroom, when I stepped out of the room or when her head was on my chest so she couldn't see my face.

But today is a good day. Katie was moved from the ICU to the general ward a week ago and the doctor told me the best news, I was finally bringing her home. Katie was more than excited when she was told she could leave in her adorable Irish accent she squealed "let's go home baby, FINALLY!!"

I packed the car with our suitcases and walked back to the room to grab her. She walked with a limb not because her legs were hurt just because 6 weeks of laying down cause you muscles to get a bit weak. I watched her eyes as she tried to hide her frustration. Of course I saw right through it, she looked up to notice my sympathetic but seemed relieved she could show weakness. I walked over to her side and shifted as much of her weight onto me as I could. I slid her into the passenger seat and walked around to the drivers side.

I was nervous to say the least, I hadn't drive since the accident let alone with Katie next to me. Of course my car was totally destroyed so I drove Katie's.

We finally pulled up at the house. I could tell how excited Katie was but she was also saddened by something.
"We are going to be stuck in this house until next season"
"Well we won't be playing until next season, doesn't mean will will be stuck at home. We could travel the world, go to every football match we would've watched anyway on tv, I could finally meet your family back in Ireland or we could get a dog?"

The last one made her giggle, I've been begging her for a dog for a while but I don't think she's going to break. Her reasoning is valid she says that with how much we travel it will just be inconvenient.

Katie was still a bit helpless, she couldn't lift her hands very high with her broken shoulder, ribs and collar bone still healing. She was in a hospital gown the whole hospital stay and the nurse helped her get dressed when I was speaking to the doctor. Katie could wait to get in her pjs but I was the one who had to do that for her. Of course I didn't mind and obviously I've seen her beautiful naked body before but this could be awkward.
"Baby!" She called to me
"Yeah Kate?"
"Im stuck" she called her yells being muffled by something
"Oh jeez" I say as I walk into the room.

She clearly thought she could get undressed on her own but when to remover her shirt it got stuck on her head when her arms wouldn't go any higher. I lost it of laughter causing her you wine.
"Are you laughing at me?"
"No" I said clearly laughing
"That's just mean"
"Wait hold still" I said, she must have though I was about to help her but she soon found out what I was doing when she her the camera sound on my phone.
"Y/N, did you just take a photo?"
"Mmmmh"
"Just help me please" she pleaded

I slowly lifted the shirt over her head making sure to admire her abs that still seemed in prime condition beside some of her bruising down to side of her.

Even in the weakened state of Katie's I fell in her shadow. I placed my hands gently at the hem of her jeans sliding my fingers over the valleys and hill of her abdomen. Before looking up to her head pointed down biting her lip.

We hadn't been alone in a long time, probably the longest we have gone without have sex since we first hooked up. If Katie wasn't so injured I knew I was going to be in for a big night. I could tell by her eyes how much she wanted it, me, tonight.

I began kissing her first it was soft and gentle, a happy to be home kiss. Then it became a, I missed this, us, kiss. Then it became a, you look pretty damn fine kiss and then pure passion and love sue to not being alone for so long kiss. Katie's hands slid down my back and rested in the pockets of my jeans before she grabbed my ass so hard that I bit her bottom lip.

Katie managed to kick off her shoes and jeans standing over me in her underwear and sports bra.
"Get naked" she said demanding of me. She wasn't soft injured Katie right now she was strong and dominant Katie. Im not sure which one I liked more but strong and dominant Katie definitely made me wetter.

As I stripped off she removed the rest of her clothes. Without kissing me she lead me through our bedroom and into the bathroom where she turned on the shower. She slept in the water pulling me under. Let's just say things got heated there was a lot of touch, moaning and giggling before she made me stand against the sink as she roughly towel dried me then herself.

We got into bed where I instantly climbed on top of her. I sat on her abs and looked at her for a while before I flicked my hair over to one of my shoulders and began kissing her neck. As I kissed I grinded against her causing her to follow the movement, rolling her hips into me.

I made my way down Katie and let's just say she didn't have to do much, I was treating her tonight and I treated her for hours.