The accident

Back in England
Katie's POV
It was a rainy training today but it was still good. I don't mind when the pitch is wet, I can slide easier for tackles. The team had just finished dinner and it was around 8 so it was dark outside.

Y/n dropped me off this morning on her way to the doctors just for some routine checkups for the club about her concussion and didn't need to train after so she said she could pick me up tonight.

I was sitting outside waiting for y/n in the rain getting increasingly annoyed as the time went on, eventually the car park was empty and everyone had gone home.

Y/ns POV
I have just finished at the doctors which took longer than expected because they found something when they were doing their tests on my head. The doctor had told me that they did find damage to my skull after all. The doctor recommended to me that I miss the remainder of the season just incase I just hit again.

I walked out to the car with the rain masking the tear pouring down my face. I had had the most unlucky first season at my dream club. Then I remembered Katie. "Fuck" I said slamming the steering wheel. I was already distraught about the news from the doctor and now I knew Katie would be mad at me when I picked her up. I broke the speed limit a bit sliding in the wet weather.

Eventually I pulled up to the car park to see a completely soaked Katie shivering in the rain. I stopped the car and jumped out.
"I'm so sorry baby"
"It's fine" she said clearly not being fine about it
"I got held up at the doctors"

We were driving along the highway in silence. She sighed angrily, and I just burst into tears. She looked up at my face and noticed my emotions.
"I'm sorry baby, I'm not that mad" she said moving her hand to my thigh.
"It's just, I found out some news at the doctor"
"What was it!?" She said anxiously
"They found something on my scans and I'm going to miss the rest of the season" I said becoming hysterical.
"Babe maybe you should pull over" Katie said concerned.
Before I could even answer her the car started to slide in the rain. I couldn't get the car under control and we slid through a red light and into an intersection before I could even comprehend I noticed two bright headlights head in Katie and I's direction. In slow motion Katie looked at the on coming truck coming from her side and then back at me as she pushed her body over mine to shield me. That's all I remember.

I woke up to flashing red and blue lights coming from every direction. Katie was no where to be seen, just red blood smeared over her seat and the windshield. I looked down to see my once white shirt turned red as I felt around my torso for a wound, I lifted my shirt and realised it wasn't my blood. I became panicked as I began screaming Katie's name I looked down at my hands, stained red with her blood I thought that I was about to die in that moment. I will not survive without her.

All of i sudden I saw Beth and Viv standing outside my window trying to open my car door. I was beyond hysterical at that point. As I started slamming with all of my strength against the window. The look on Beth's face was pure terror when she saw the blood I was covered in. Firefighters came rushing through Beth and Viv as they free me from the car. I was sat on road as Beth and Viv came running over. Viv noticed the blood on my shirt and almost fainted when I said
"It's not mine, it's, it's.... Katie, where's Katie?" 
"Katie was in the car!? Beth asked with tears pouring down her face. Paramedics rushed over to check on me and told me that I didn't have a scratch on me somehow.

As I looked back up at Beth and Viv who were standing over me I noticed an ambulance rush away from the scene.
"Katie, where is she?" I asked in pure panic
"Was that the girl in the car with you?"
"Yes, yes my girlfriend"
"They got her out before you, she was in really bad shape. They took her to the hospital" the medic said. Good thing I was sitting down because if I was standing my legs would have given out from under me.

Viv scooped me up and took me to her car.
"Let's go find her" Beth said to me, she sat in the back with me whilst Viv drove. She just held me tight against her chest not caring about the blood from my clothes that I was getting on her.

We pulled up to the hospital as I ran through the doors of the ER.
"Where is she, where's Katie?" I screamed
"McCabe? She's still in surgery" a nurse told me as she noticed the blood on my shirt.
"Were you in the car with her?" The nurse asked concerned. Viv butted in the said
"Yes, yes she was"
"Ok come with me" the nurse said. She took me to a room allowing Beth and Viv to follow. She checked my vitals and all over my body for cuts or bruises and I was fine somehow.
"I just don't understand how you are perfectly fine, your car is totalled and Katie is in critical condition"
"She, she shielded me with her body" I said breaking down. I couldn't believe this was my reality.
"I have to see her, please, let me see her" I said as the emotions got to much for me.

I was sat in the waiting room inbetween Beth and Viv after getting changed out of my blood soaked clothes. I refused to go home and shower Katie's blood off my hands because I didn't want to leave her here alone.

I look up to see the doors opening and Leah, Alessia and Kyra walked through. They run up to me and hug me tightly, I burst into tears once more as they pull back they notice the blood that stained my hands and neck causing kyra to burst into tears, she freaked out and Leah and Viv had to pull her away from where I could see her. Alessia took viv's seat next to me and pulled my head into her chest rubbing her hand up and down my back. I fell asleep due to the exhaustion.

Leah's POV
i walked into the emergency room to see y/n covered in the blood of my best friend, the love of her life. We had found out on the news about the accident and Beth told us which hospital they were at so I picked up kyra and Alessia figuring y/n would need some support from her best friends in this time. But Katie, she's my best mate and I fear I'll never see her again. I had to be the strong captain for these girls but when I was comforting a hysterical kyra with Viv I couldn't help but shed tears.

When Viv and I pulled kyra back together and re-joined the group y/n had fallen asleep in Less's arms.

1am
The doctors had coming into the waiting room and called y/l/n. I shook y/n awake and walked with her to the doctor, I could physically see her shaking.
"Miss McCabe has just come out of surgery, would you like to come see her? Your listed as her emergency contact" he said to y/n.
"Yep, yes, please" y/n said. I pulled her into a hug. And she's said to me.
"She must have listed me as her emergency contact without telling me" she said squeezing me tighter and crying into my shoulder.
"Because she loves you y/n/n, do you want me to come with you?" I asked
"No, it's ok" she said
"I'll text you guys, thanks Leah" she said looking up at me.