48 - Venti

Kat woke in Will's arms. She could definitely get used to it, but then she remembered he was leaving. Every time he told her he loved her, her heart broke a little. She could pretend and not say the words back, but she loved him too. By keeping it to herself, she hoped to save face when the distance ruined what they shared.

Every morning when she woke early, she expected Will to sleep in, but he never did. Bryce had stopped trying to spend time with her by drinking at the bar and then sleeping until afternoon. On her days off, he would have excuses not to visit Pops or her parents. If Pops were alive, Will would volunteer to drive her.

As easy as it would be, she didn't want his money. Bryce had to pay his fair share. For the first time, Kat wasn't saving for anything. She may be stuck where she was, but she liked it that way. Baking was her passion. As much as she loved the busy kitchen and being called chef, burnout was a problem. She enjoyed cooking one night a week. Oliver worked like she had, and he had kids. Someday she wanted a family. Will came to mind, but she pushed him away. He lived in Buffalo and she didn't.

Will nuzzled into her neck. "Am I dreaming? You're still in bed."

She laughed and turned to him. His hands answered her needs as he found the dampness between her legs. She could make love to him ten times a day. If only they had the time. Maybe she was storing it up. Him leaving was an anvil hanging over her head. They talked about her flying to Buffalo, but eventually it would get too hard. He had years of playing ahead of him, so long-term commitment wasn't on their side.

Putting her worries aside she reached her hand for him. She liked to watch his face as she stroked her. The WR the world knew was not the Will who melted at her touch, not completely. As she continued, he grew harder in her hand.

"How do you want me, babe?"

She moaned. "Fast and hard."

He laughed as he pinned her to the bed. Holding her hands above her head with their fingers entwined, his hips spread her legs. With the precision of a guided missile, he entered her. She felt him fill her and just as quickly slide out. When he shifted his hips to fill her again, his balls banged against her butt. Again and again, the tension rose, and she squeezed his fingers. He didn't slow down until they both exploded. His came with a guttural groin.

"Fuck! I love you!"

She stopped herself from replying. She may feel the same, but to say the words would open her up to be crushed.

Will stood first. "I'm getting coffee."

She smiled. "Too bad we can't get delivery."

He laughed. "I'm sure Martha would bring it up, but we'd never hear the end of it."

Kat got out of bed and pulled on a tee shirt and flannel pants. She sat on the sofa to wait. If he started talking, it would be awhile. Smiling, she picked up her phone. Yelp had exploded overnight. There were comments about The Landing from everyone she knew.

She followed the trail to a one-star review attacking her. Shit! Her boss responded. It touched her how supportive they were. How did they know about Bryce? Oliver! He had to be involved. That's why he helped her bake. But he was so nice in person. The list of angst the man had given her was long, even if things had calmed down. It was hard to reconcile it with Oliver. Maybe he was in business with a jerk. His friend, Cameron, was kind of arrogant. Wasn't he Ryan's business partner? Could Will's brother-in-law be involved?

Before she could figure anything else Will's phone rang. The caller ID was for his trainer Joel. The 716 area code caught her attention, and she scrolled through her own phone.