57 - March

March was the name I gave my first Point work. It started with two women having coffee on a rainy March Saturday. It is only fitting that we end with two of their children. This time it's a Thursday afternoon in March.

Nick exited the lab and knocked on Paige Currier's office door. "You wanted an update?"

"Yes, but we should both be going home."

It was after five and O&C prided itself on work life balance. "You won't hear me argue."

"You have your big weekend."

Nick nodded. Ben and Keira were getting married. He was the best man and Ivy was the maid of honor. Sophie was a bride's maid. His womb mate had moved to Boston. Just like The Point gave him his job, Sophie got hers through connections too. Lilli Caron's best friend was Sophie's boss at the publishing company. She complained she was still poor, but she shared an apartment with two of her school friends and was having a great time.

Nick walked across the building to the business offices. Ivy sat in front of her computer. "You ready?"

She smiled. "I have been. Robbie left ten minutes ago."

Ivy worked in the accounting department for Robbie Taylor. More than The Point, being Landing alumni helped them get their jobs too.

When Nick parked the car, Ivy sighed, "Are we cooking?"

Nick laughed, "It's Warm up Thursday."

They entered The Landing, and Abbie waved to them. She was busy taking rolls out of the oven. In three years, she had become Kat's assistant. Instead of going away, she was attending the local community college for culinary, just like Kat.

Ivy ordered their dinner, while Nick walked over to his sister. "How's it going?"

"Great! Everyone loves my stew. Kat and Will deserve a tropical vacation."

Nick nodded. He remembered how upset Kat was after Will took that awful hit. They had been through a lot.

Ivy held up the containers and pointed up. He nodded. "We'll sneak through the back."

Once upstairs, Nick kicked off his shoes while Ivy went to change. He dressed down on the lab side, but she wore sexy skirts and heels to work.

They had made a home out of Kat's old apartment. So many times, conversations came back to him. Will was right, living together was a great alternative to marrying young.

Once they sat down, he tasted his stew. "Abbie made it."

"She'll be as good as Kat one day."

Nick nodded. "How's your mother?"

"Crazy. I don't want to think of her as the mother of the bride."

"Her daughter will make a beautiful bride."

"Nick, don't tease. You aren't thirty for a long time still."

"Who knows? Maybe I was wrong about thirty."

Ivy laughed. "I'm in no rush to have kids so let's take our time. I'm happy here."

Nick smiled. "Me too. How was work?"

"Good. I know you can't understand, but I like it. Every number has its place and if things don't line up, it's a puzzle to be solved."

He smirked. "If you put it that way. I like puzzles too."

When Nick's phone rang, Ivy laughed. "It's Sophie asking when she needs to be home."

Nick shook his head. "Hi. How are you doing?"