chapter 40

Friday evening, after work Zayn goes to pick Freddie up from Louis place.

He knocks for a bit, but Louis doesn't answer. He calls, same thing. He starts to get worried before he sees the door handle begin to open.

Louis is on the other side of the door, smiling when he sees him.

"Hey Zayn," Louis says. Zayn's eyes subconsciously looks up and down his body.

Louis is shirtless. And wet. He has a towel wrapped around his waist and one on his hair.

"H-hey," Zayn says, taking his eyes away.

"Sorry I took a while to answer, I just stepped out the shower," Louis says. "I hope you didn't have to wait for too long."

"Nah," Zayn replies. "Where's my boy?"

"Watching YouTube in his room," Louis says. "His things are all packed too."

"Great, thanks," Zayn replies, heading to pick him up.

He opens the door to find Freddie glued on the TV screen. He's watching coco melon, a show on YouTube for kids he's absolutely obsessed with.

Freddie doesn't come to hug him or notice him.

"Hey kiddo,"

"Dada!" Freddie squeals in excitement, getting up and running towards him. Zayn picks him up and throws him. Freddie's loud giggles are heard.

"My boy. I missed you," Zayn says. "Excited to see your siblings and Harry?"

Though it's only been a week since Freddie saw them last, babies have a longer perception of time so to Freddie it probably felt like a few months.

Zayn finds his bag of clothes and necessities by the door and picks it up.

"Louis, we're heading out," Zayn says. He's about to leave but he remembers what Harry said about inviting Louis.

He walks inside to look for him. He knocks at the bedroom door.

"Come in!" Louis says. Zayn opens the door to find Louis only wearing his trousers. He's dressing up.

"Going somewhere?" Zayn asks.

"Yeah," Louis says.

"Where?" Zayn asks, curious.

"It's Friday night. I'm a single man, take a guess," Louis says.

"Oh," Zayn says. He doesn't know how he feels about that. "Isn't it a bit too early to go to a club?"

"Not a club Zayn," Louis chuckles. "I have a date."

"Wait, really?"

"Why are you surprised? I still got it," Louis says light heartedly, gesturing at his body. Which causes Zayn to check him out again.

Louis is right.

He's still mighty fit. You wouldn't be able to tell he had a baby.

"Come here Freddie," Louis says. Zayn drops Freddie now and he walks to go meet him.

"Who's the guy?" Zayn asks, his curiosity getting the better of him.

"You wouldn't know him,"

"Yeah? Does Freddie know him?"

"Nope,"

"Does he know about Freddie?" He asks.

"Of course he does," Louis says. He ruffles Freddie's hair and picks out some shirts from his drawer. He raises them both to Zayn. "The wine or the white."