chapter 24

Harry didn't expect to see Zayn waiting for him in his house, he thought Zayn would come much later. It's a pleasant surprise though, Harry is drained from lectures and he just wants to cuddle with his boyfriend. He's not sure if he can call Zayn his boyfriend yet, things are good between them, but also different now.

"I didn't expect you'd be here so early," Harry says, Zayn hadn't noticed him when he came in but he has now. Zayn is rested on Harry's couch, and scrolling down on his phone.

Zayn smiles, beckoning Harry closer to him. He drops his phone, pulling Harry a bit so he could peck him. "Yeah, I'm not staying long though. I have a meeting with my lawyer in an hour, and after that I'm going to get some of my things from... my house."

Harry lays down, resting on Zayn's chest. "Oh," he realizes Zayn is probably going to see Louis too, but he doesn't want to think about that. "Why are you meeting your lawyer?"

"I'm starting the divorce now, the earlier the better," Zayn says. "I'm telling him too, that's if I see him today."

Harry is surprised by that, pulling himself off Zayn's chest and looking at him. "You're divorcing Louis?"

"No, I'm divorcing my other husband that I've hidden away from you," Zayn says, chuckling. Harry doesn't laugh. He looks like he's deep in thought. "Aren't you happy?"

That's the thing, Harry is happy, but he's also feeling very guilty.

He ruined a marriage. Louis is going to be pregnant and divorced.

Louis was right, he is a home wrecker.

"I am," Harry says, ignoring those feelings and smiling. "I get to have you all to myself right?"

"Of course," Zayn says. "Though there's the matter of the baby."

"What?" Harry freezes.

"The baby Louis is carrying," Zayn says, groaning. "I don't even know what to do about that, I think it's mine but what if it's not? I can't leave him to raise a baby alone, I'm not daddy material but he isn't either."

"Zayn, calm down," Harry says.

"God, I'm a mess," Zayn says."I'm sorry for dragging you into this."

"Hey, I knew what I was signing up for when I started sleeping with a married man," Harry says.

"Have I ever told you I don't deserve you?"

"Yes, time after time," Harry chuckles.

"Well, I'll keep on saying it," Zayn say. "When the whole divorce thing is over, I would treat you better. We'll start over, just the two of us."

Harry gulps.

Tell him.

"Yeah, just the two of us," he swallows, ignoring the voice in his head.

"What's wrong?" Zayn asks, not expecting the reaction he's getting from Harry.

"Nothing," Harry says.

"There's something you're not telling me Harry," Zayn says, looking at him intensely. Harry just wants to melt from the gaze. Now, Zayn can tell that he's hiding something. "Tell me."

"I-I-"

At that moment, Harry's doorbell rings, almost making him jump. He thanks whoever the person is on the other side. He opens the door halfway, checking who it is. It's Liam.

"Hey, you never got back to me, I've been worried," Liam says.

"I-I've just been really busy," Harry says.