chapter 25

Zayn sighs, taking a deep breath before knocking on the door of his own house. His mind is in shambles, he planned to tell Louis about the divorce today, but with the surprise information about Harry's pregnancy, he can't handle the both of them at once. He's just going to get his things and avoid having a conversation with Louis.

Nobody answers, he frowns, wondering where Louis could have gone to. The man is almost eight months pregnant and the doctor really advised bed rest for him, especially since the incident a few weeks ago.

He decides to use his key, but surprisingly, the door is wide open. Louis probably forgot to lock it. He goes to his office first, no sign of Louis anywhere in the house. He gets some really important documents, he'd come for the rest later. Then he goes to the bedroom to get some of his clothes.

He realizes someone's in the bathroom, he hears water splashing about. It's probably Louis, so he's going to be as quiet as possible. He hears a moan from the bathroom, and he blushes.

Was Louis masturbating?

The sound gets louder, it almost sounds pained and that's now how Louis moans when he's being pleasured.

"Louis?" He calls out. "It's Zayn. Are you okay?"

He hears a whimper. "Yeah, it's just Braxton kicks."

"Can I come in?" He questions.

"Yes," he says, followed by another loud painful moan.

He enters the bathroom, Louis is naked in the bathtub filled with water. His skin looks clammy.

"What can I do to help?"

"Nothing, the doctor says it's normal, you can just- AHHH!" He screams at the last statement.

"Louis I don't think this is Braxton kicks..." he realizes. "I think you're going into labor."

"No way," he shakes his head. "I can't have this baby now. I'm not even eight months pregnant yet, he can't come out now, I'm not ready."

"I-I don't know but we need to get to the hospital," Zayn says. He offers his functional hand for Louis to hold while he comes out. Louis grabs it, almost pulling Zayn into the tub with him because Zayn isn't balanced. He's trying to lift a pregnant man with just one arm, it's a bit harder than he thought.

He manages to stand up, immediately leaning unto Zayn to prevent him from falling. Zayn leads him to the bedroom. Louis is whimpering at every contraction he feels.

Zayn grabs two of Louis maternity clothes and throws it to him. "Wear this."

Louis nods, putting on the slacks first and the shirt next. Another wave hits him and he falls back on the bed, gripping the bedsheets tightly.

"We have to hurry," Zayn says. "C'mon, lets go."

"We aren't ready, we don't even have the clothes he would wear after he comes out," Louis realizes.

"We can worry about that later, I don't know shit about delivering a baby so unless you don't want your child to be born in this bedroom, we have to hurry,"

"Our child," he corrects Zayn. The man doesn't reply, just helping Louis up as they go to Zayn's car.

Zayn drives as fast as possible to the hospital, nearly breaking all the traffic rules. He arrives there in fifteen minutes, no help to Louis who was groaning at the backseat. He helps Louis out of the car, immediately he's put in a stretcher to the hospital.

"He's going into labor," he tells them. "But he's just seven months pregnant."

They take Louis away into another room and tell him to wait outside. He's confused, he thought the father was supposed to be there while he's giving birth but they won't let him in, no matter how much he tells them he's Louis' husband.