chapter 16

Louis looks at himself in the mirror, frowning when he sees how round he is in the middle.

"Zayn am I fat?" He calls his husband from where Zayn is dressing up for the event they have to go to together.

"I'd say you're pregnant, not fat babe," Zayn answers nonchalantly.

"I look like I'm eight months pregnant when I'm only six months." Louis notices. Zayn looks at him again, then he sees what Louis is talking about.

"That's true..." he trails. "You have twins in your family right?"

"Yes, fuck." Louis swears. Zayn walks over to go comfort him when he sees how distressed he looks. "We can't be having twins Zayn, we already checked. We're having a son."

"But think about how cool it'd be to have twins yeah, we're having two kids for the price of one, that's amazing." Zayn comforts. Louis glares at him. "Or we could be having a big baby, who knows."

"We're having a normal sized baby, I'm just fat," Louis says.

"You're beautiful," He compliments, kissing Louis on his forehead and then on his baby bump. "I love you both."

"We love you too daddy," Louis says without thinking.

"What?" Zayn asks, surprised. "You just called me daddy."

"Did I?" He asks, then notices the sly smile on his husbands face. "I didn't mean it like that. I said it because of the baby!"

"Course you did," Zayn scoffs. "We both know you've always wanted to call me that."

"Shut up Zayn,"

"Can you hurry up Lou? We're going to be late for the charity event." Zayn states.

"I don't think I should go. My bump makes the suit look weird, I feel uncomfortable."

"Lou, it doesn't look weird," Zayn sighs, rubbing his temples. "If you're uncomfortable then don't wear a suit."

"I don't want to go Zayn," Louis says. "Stop making me do things I don't want to do."

"You're my husband, you agreed to be my date. You can't just change your mind last minute like this."

"I just did," Louis ends the conversation, changing out of his suit and crawling underneath the blankets.

"You're acting like a child Louis,"

"I'm carrying your child, maybe that's why." He says.

Zayn groans, concluding his husband was in one of his moods and deciding to leave him alone.

...

"Mr. Malik, I just want to thank you again for attending, it's nice to see that someone as young as you is well educated on this matter," the middle aged woman says.

"No need to thank me, Mrs. Cox. I've told you already, call me Zayn." He clarifies.

"Yes of course, Mr- I mean Zayn," she corrects. "Where is your husband? I haven't seen him all evening."

"I'm afraid he couldn't make it, he was feeling a bit ill this morning," Zayn covers up.

"You came without a date?" She asks and Zayn nods. "In that case, you should meet my son, he's been wandering around, he should be somewhere."

"I don't think this is necessary. I should be getting home to my husband..." he trails.

"But the party has barely even started!" She exclaims. "I'll send him to you, don't go anywhere."

Zayn sees this as an opportunity to escape, as he starts to leave, he feels a tap on his shoulder and he turns to meet a familiar face.

"Harry..." he whispers.

"Zayn?"

...

oml this is so short and i haven't updated in forever. 😩
Dedication: @okbecka