chapter 29

Harry gets a text from Zayn to come meet him at his place. He gets there, wondering why Zayn would ask that especially since the house is supposed to be for Louis.

Zayn opens the door, leading him into the familiar house. It's been such a long time since he last came in here.

"Are you sure I can be here?" Harry asks.

"Yeah, Louis went to spend a few days with his family," Zayn replies. "So we have the house all to ourselves, well Freddie's here too."

"Your son is here? Louis left him?" Harry asks, confused.

"He needed a break so I decided to stay with Freddie for a few days," Zayn explains.

"I'm going back to my apartment," Harry says, turning around.

"Wait what? Why?" Zayn asks, confused.

"I don't want to stay here, it brings back memories from when I was naive and stupid," Harry says. Zayn frowns, not knowing what to say. He knows that Harry's changed ever since the break they had, but he didn't realize he changed this much.

He starts to feel guilty for the way he treated Harry in the past, and he fears that Harry would grow to resent him.

"I understand," Zayn replies, a bit disappointed. He was really looking forward to spending these few days with Harry, he already envisioned it in his head. He wanted Harry and Freddie to bond too, but with Harry's reluctance to everything concerning him, he doubts that's going to happen anytime soon.

"Do you want to come see Freddie at least? I just put him to bed," Zayn offers.

"I'm not interested," Harry replies blankly, stepping out of the apartment. Zayn doesn't go after him, his mind is racing with thoughts. He's just realized something.

He's losing Harry, incredibly fast and if he doesn't do anything about it soon, Harry is going to leave him.

But he's also conflicted because as much as he wants to fix what's going on with Harry, he still has a newborn to worry about, also he needs to start with the divorce proceedings.

He's got a lot on his plate.

...

Harry misses Liam. He could tell everything to him and they've been friends for years. He feels horrible that he's let his relationship with Zayn ruin his friendship with Liam and he's starting to think if it's even worth it.

He loves Zayn a lot and he's happy he's with him now. But he doesn't feel like Zayn reciprocates his feelings. And him being pregnant doesn't help him much with his emotions. Speaking of his pregnancy, he's worried about his unborn baby not getting the attention they would deserve because Zayn would be too focused on his child with Louis.

He knows he's wrong for being jealous of a newborn, especially since he's the one that pushed Zayn to being there for him. But he can't help how he feels.

He sighs, things were less complicated when Zayn had to sneak him around. Maybe it's because he was more naive then, but now he has a tendency to overthink things.

The next day, Harry decides to tell his family the news. He starts with his sister, Gemma because she already knew about the affair.

"You're what?" She gapes, surprised. "Are you sure?"

"Yes," Harry sighs.

"And it's Zayn's?" She asks.

"Yeah..." Harry replies.

"My niece or nephew is going to be gorgeous," Gemma gushes. Harry grins at her reaction. "Does he know about it?" Harry nods at the question. "How did he react?"