chapter 21

"If I do, I'll be a hypocrite."

"What?" Zayn asks. "Why would you be a hypocrite?"

"Because I-I cheated too."

"No," Zayn looks taken aback, trying to process the information. "You didn't..."

"It was a long time ago Zayn," he says.

"When?"

"Two years ago," he admits. "It was the reason I left."

"Who was it?" Zayn questions, his face looking dark.

"I can't tell you," he says. "It's not important because it's a long time ago. I cheated, you cheated. It cancels out, let's just forget about this."

"No. It doesn't fucking cancel out. That's not how it works. I told you everything, now you tell me everything."

"Okay," he sighs. "It wasn't just one person... I wanted to experience new things. I only ever had you, and I was scared I was missing out on a lot of things. I was wrong."

"Are you saying you left me just so you could have sex with other people?" Zayn asks. "Then you came back when you realized that it wasn't what you wanted? Do you realize how fucked up that is?"

"Its fucked up? You're the one that has been cheating on me for two whole fucking years!" He yells.

"You can't yell at me you hypocrite. The only reason our marriage is in shambles right now is because you left me in the first place. If you didn't want to fuck everyone, we'd have still been happy. I would never have fallen in love with someone else!"

"Why are you making a big deal about this?"

"I was in the worst place possible when you left me. If I hadn't met Harry I don't know what I'd have done," he admits. "You came back like nothing even happened, were you planning on telling me this? I don't know if I can just forget about this..."

"Fuck you Zayn," Louis says, starting to cry. "I was willing to forgive you after all you've done and just because I decided to be honest to you you're giving up on me."

"I'm sorry," Zayn apologizes so that Louis can stop crying. He knows his husband is just crying to make Zayn feel bad, and it's working because Zayn hates seeing him cry. "Louis... we're not good for each other. I see it now."

"N-no," Louis sobs. "What about our baby?"

"I don't think we can raise a baby when we're this fucked up," he says.

"I forgave you Zayn," he says. "Why won't you forgive me too? We can go back to how we were before, no more lies, no more cheating. We can be functional again for our son."

"I-I can't continue to pretend," he says. "What you just told me opened my eyes, I've been lying to myself, to you and to Harry. Louis, our marriage... it's nothing. If we loved each other we wouldn't have done this to ourselves."

"So you're going to leave me?" He sobs. "Just like that? When I'm carrying your child?"

Zayn bites his lips not saying anything. He knows if he does, he'll just end up telling Louis what he needs to hear.

"Since you're going to leave me anyway, do it now. Get out," he commands. "If you're not going to be in my life, you're not going to be in his either."

"First of all, this is my house, and it is my child, you can't do that."

Louis laughs dryly. "First of all, this baby isn't even yours."

...

"Zayn... it's Harry again, I'm not sure if you're getting any of my messages since you aren't replying any of them. Um, if you get this, please call me there's something we need to discuss."

...

"Hey Zayn, I don't know what I did, it's been over two weeks, I tried looking for you in your office, but you aren't there either... I considered going to your house but I don't want to risk seeing Louis. Please call me, I'm really worried about you, and there's something I have to tell you."

...

"Zayn, I-I need you, whatever I did, I'm really sorry, please don't ignore me. I just need to talk to you, if you don't like me anymore, that's fine, but please call me. I really need you."

...

Harry's watching a TV program he isn't even focused on when he hears a knock. He's not expecting anyone, the only person that comes to visit him is Liam, and Liam isn't coming today because he's preparing for a test.

Harry opens the door, seeing the person that he least expected. His mouth goes dry, and he almost freezes.

"Harry Styles," the shorter man says, looking at the boy from head to toe. "I believe you've been sleeping with my husband."

...

⬇️

rant here