chapter 28

The next morning was a bit awkward. Despite having sex, Zayn and Harry turned against each other. They were both upset, Zayn felt like Harry was trying to start a fight for no reason and Harry was mad for Zayn not understanding him. Despite the conversation they had last night, Zayn was still closed off.

Harry wakes up with Zayn already dressing up to go out.

"Where are you going?" Harry questions, wondering if Zayn was mad at him or not. Zayn has no reason to be mad in his opinion, he only expressed himself.

"Work," Zayn replies simply, wearing his tie with one hand. Harry can see that he's struggling with the cast in his arm, but he's not sure whether to offer to help again like last time. Zayn is acting cold.

"Okay," he says, laying back in bed. He doesn't have a class today, he's probably going to go meet his mom. And possibly tell her the news, who knows. He imagines that she'd freak if she finds out the man she respects so much got her much younger son pregnant.

"We can talk," Zayn says. "When I get back, okay?"

"Okay," Harry says, feeling a bit relieved. Zayn kisses him on his forehead before leaving and Harry watches his boyfriend leave.

He gets up from bed, he wants to talk to someone. He feels lonely whenever Zayn is not around. Liam is out of the question, Harry has sent him a dozen of texts but he didn't respond to him. He can imagine Liam's pain, he doesn't think he led Liam on but now he's beginning to believe that he has. Liam was comforting to him the moments Zayn made him cry. He thinks his friend hoped he had a chance but seeing Zayn in person got to him.

He can't even imagine Liams reaction when he tells him he's pregnant.

So he decides to call an old friend, Niall. Niall was his former roommate a year ago, they still keep in touch and he's been meaning to see him.

He asks Niall if he could come over and Niall agrees. His house isn't too far from the campus so Niall arrives there in less than twenty minutes.

He's happy to see his friend and soon they're laughing and trying to catch up from old times.

"So Niall, do you still fuck every living thing?" Harry teases his long time friend.

Niall laughs. "I'm in a relationship now actually."

"What?" Harry gawks. The Niall he knew could not stay committed to one person for one day.

"Yeah," he says. "I thought it was normal you know? Having sex everyday was just part of the college experience but later when I realized I couldn't go a day without doing it I knew something was wrong."

"So I did some research and I found out I had an abnormally high libido and I met a sex therapist- yes their services extend to people with hyper sexual drives too. I wanted to change. I thought I couldn't do it the first time I met him, I kept trying to get him to fuck me you know but he never faltered, he was professional yet friendly all through."

"So I decided to be serious, find out what was wrong with me and find a way to help myself. I saw him at least three times a week for about six months. it was hard, sometimes i'd fall in and have sex with someone but he never lost hope in me. And then I fell for him," Niall explains.

"Aww Niall, that's really sweet. I'm proud of you," Harry smiles.

"Thank you," Niall grins. "What about you? What's going on with you?"

"Um well, I'm pregnant," Harry blurts out.

Niall screams. "Oh my god, that is amazing. No wonder you were glowing."

"I'm glowing?" Harry laughs.

"Yes," Niall replies. "So who's the baby daddy?"

"You remember Zayn right?" He says.

"No way," Niall gasps. "You let your sugar daddy get you pregnant."

Harry rolls his eyes. "For the last time, he's not my sugar daddy. And yes, I let him get me pregnant."

"But what about his wife?" Niall looks surprised.

"Husband, and they're divorced," well, on the process of getting divorced. Harry left that part out conveniently, the last thing he wants is for Niall to judge him.

"I always thought you'd end up with Liam," Niall says. Harry looks down, feeling guilty. "But I'm happy for you."

"Thank you," he replies.

"You know we should go on a double date! Me and my boyfriend and you and Zayn," Niall suggests. "It's my first relationship and I always wanted to do that."

"I don't know if Zayn would agree but I'll ask him," Harry responds but rethinks his statement. He only said that because he's used to Zayn not wanting to be seen with him because he was married to Louis, but they're not married anymore so there's no need for them to hide.

"Great, I'll talk to my boyfriend about it and keep in touch," Niall says. "Well gotta go, it was nice to get in touch with you."

"Bye Niall," Harry says. "Well that was random." He says to himself.

...

Zayn arrives at his home, well it's not really his home anymore to see his son. They got released last night from the hospital.

He opens the door with his own key as he's knocked for a few minutes already and Louis hasn't answered. He hears the sound of loud crying and he follows the sound to the nursery. Freddie is there but he's alone.

Zayn quickly picks him up and tries to console him. He calms down when he's picked up and Zayn decides to go look for Louis. He finds Louis in their bedroom, completely asleep.

"Louis," he says, but gets no response. He nudges him for a bit and Louis wakes up groggily.

"Zayn? What are you doing here?" He frowns.

"He's been crying," Zayn replies. "Why are you still asleep?"

"He cried all through the night, so I didn't get any sleep," Louis says. "I'm so exhausted."

"Have you fed him?" Zayn asks.

Louis looks down, feeling bad. "No, not yet."

"Louis," Zayn chastises.

"It's not easy, okay? Doing this alone," Louis replies. "I don't know what I'm doing Zayn, I'm so confused and scared."

"You have to try," Zayn says.

"I need you," Louis admits. "I can't do this alone."

"I'm here," Zayn says. "How about I take him for a few days and let you rest and figure things out."

"I don't want you bringing him around my son," Louis says.

"Harry's here to stay in the long run. It's inevitable that he's going to see Freddie," Zayn replies. "So you better get rid of your petty jealousy."

Louis clenches his fist. "I'll go make his formula."

"So can I take him?" Zayn asks.

"Fine," Louis replies. "You can have him for two days, but you'll have to stay here. His drugs and medication are all here and it would be difficult to transport them around."

"That's still the same as staying with you," Zayn says.

"No, you're right. I do need to rest, I feel like I'm about to pass out every second," Louis admits. "I'll go stay with my sister, you can have the house till I come back."

That seems like a good deal so Zayn decides to accept it. "Alright then."

"Try not to have sex with him on our bed this time," Louis mumbles.

"Can't make any promises," Zayn says, unable to resist the urge to make Louis mad. Louis just rolls his eyes and disappears to the kitchen to make Freddie's formula.