chapter 11

Zayn wakes up to Louis still sleeping which is weird because Louis usually gets up before him. He slowly nudges his husband.

"Lou, wake up," he says. Louis turns away from him. "Louis you've got to go to work."

"I'm tired," Louis mumbles.

"You're always tired recently," Zayn notices. "And the constant nausea, I think you need to see a doctor."

Louis whines. "Later."

"I'll call someone to come check up on you." Zayn says. Louis doesn't reply and Zayn thinks he has fallen asleep.

...

Zayn didn't come back home that day. He stayed at a hotel with Harry and all the while he was feeling guilty because his husband is sick and he's busy cheating. He did call a doctor to check up on Louis though, and now he's going back home. He sees Louis on the bed, wearing a plain shirt and sweatpants.

"You didn't go to work?" Zayn asks. Louis shakes his head. "Are you sick? What's wrong with you?"

"I don't want to talk about it," Louis replies. "Where were you last night?"

"I was working late so I just slept in my office," Zayn lies.

"That must have been uncomfortable," Louis says, looking at Zayn suspiciously.

"Uh, yeah, it was." Zayn says awkwardly. "Louis, what did Dr. Jane say?"

"I said I don't want to talk about it!" Louis snaps.

"I'm your husband, I deserve to know!"

"You lost that right by cheating on me!" Louis yells back.

Zayn tries not to let his facial expression change, but he feels like it does. "I went to your office yesterday to tell you I was p- to talk to you. And you weren't there, I waited for you for God knows how long, where were you Zayn?"

"So you just concluded I was cheating because you didn't see me?" Zayn asks, glad Louis doesn't have any solid proof.

"Zayn, you always lie to me, what do you expect me to think?" Louis asks. "Just tell me the truth Zayn, I won't be mad, I won't leave you I promise."

"I'm not cheating on you, Louis." Zayn says. "You always accuse me of this every single day! I'm sick of it."

"You don't answer your phone when I'm around," Louis says. "You always come up with the work excuse for every single thing. I'm not stupid Zayn."

"No, you're just paranoid," Zayn says.

"Excuse me if I don't want to bring a child to a broken home!" Louis says without thinking.

Zayns eyes go wide. "A child?" He whispers. "Are you- are you pregnant?"

...

A/n- I had to make this a cliffhanger in case I don't update for months 😊😌 jk i'd probably post the rest this week.
Thoughts on how zayn would react?
Do you guys prefer quicker updates and short chapters or slower updates and longer chapters?? 😕