chapter 12

"Fuck!" Zayn swears loudly. "Fuck, shit. how did this happen?"

"How can you even ask that?" Louis scoffs.

"I thought you were taking pills," Zayn snaps.

"I was. But I didn't think it was necessary since we weren't having frequent sex," Louis admits.

"How can you be so stupid Louis?" Zayn asks, he's frustrated, this is the worst thing that could have ever happened. He thinks about Harry, if he finds out, Harry would leave him for sure. "Did you do this on purpose? Was this your way of 'fixing' our marriage?"

"Fuck you, fuck you Zayn!" Louis yells. "How can you even think I'd do this on purpose?"

"What do you want me to think? You talk about fixing our marriage and now you get yourself fucking knocked up?" Zayn says. There are tears in Louis eyes but he won't cry for Zayn. He didn't expect Zayn to react this badly.

"Zayn, leave."

"I'm not going to leave, this is my fucking house!" Zayn yells. "You're going to listen to me for once, we have to talk this through."

"We're fucked up, can't you see? Do you really want a child to have us as their parents?" Zayn asks, softer now.

"If you're trying to manipulate me like one of your business deals, it's not going to work," Louis replies. "Get out, Zayn. I'm fucking pissed at you and I don't want to look at your face anymore."

"You know I'm telling the truth," Zayn says. "Fine, I'd leave."

"Go and fuck your whores!" Louis yells as Zayn leaves.

"Maybe I will!"

...

"Did you really say that?" Justin asks, when Zayn explains it to him. "Zayn, I love you but you're a dick."

"I don't want to be a father," Zayn admits.

"Did you even ask Louis what he wants?" Justin asks. Zayn shakes his head, feeling a bit guilty. "How do you think he's feeling?" Zayn looks down, not answering. He never even thought about what Louis was feeling, he was only thinking about himself and how it would affect him.

"I just got so mad," Zayn says.

"Look at the bright side," Justin says. "At least you didn't knock Harry up."

"Fuck!" Zayn yells at the possibility. "We hardly use protection. I need to call him."

"Honestly Zayn, I thought you were better than this," Justin says, shaking his head. Zayn gives him the middle finger. He quickly dials Harry's number.

Harry picks up after the second ring. "Hi Zayn."

"Uh hey- Harry, I need to ask you something." He runs his hands through his hair unsure of how to ask. "Um, are you pregnant?"

"What?" Harry squeaks. "Why would- do I look pregnant? Is this your way of telling me I'm getting fat?"

"No, no- it's not that. We have a lot of unprotected sex, and there's a possibility." Zayn rambles, ignoring Justin's laugh.

"I'm not, Zayn. I can't be. You got me on pills, remember? I'm nineteen, I can't get pregnant now, no way." Harry says. Zayn unintentionally breathes a sigh of relief. "Why are you asking?"

"Nothing, never mind. I'd call you later- bye." Zayn says, ending the call.

"See, it could be worse," Justin says.

"I need to go talk to my husband."

...

"Lou?" Zayn says when he walks into their house. It's empty and dark and he doesn't feel like anyone's around. "Louis, where are you?"

He goes upstairs to their bedroom and it's also dark. He turns on the lights and that's when he sees him. Hiss husband is lying on a fetal position. He's asleep and cuddling a pillow. Zayn moves closer and he notices dry tear marks on his cheeks. Zayns heart breaks at the sight. Why does he always hurt the people he loves?

"Baby, I'm so sorry," Zayn apologizes. He takes off his shoes and lays next to his husband.

"Zayn?" Louis asks, his voice dazed from sleepiness. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm so sorry Louis, I was being selfish." Zayn says. He puts his hands around Louis and he's surprised when his husband embraces his touch.

"I thought you left me," Louis says. "You said you were going to-"

"I'm an idiot," Zayn says. "I'm fucking sorry, Louis."

"Do you want this child, Zayn?" Louis asks.

"I don't know," Zayn admits. "Do you want it?"

"I-I think so," he says.

"Okay," Zayn whispers. "How far long are you?"

"Four weeks," Louis replies.

"How long have you known?"

"Today when Dr. Jane confirmed it," he says. "I was suspecting though, I wasn't sure."

"I'm scared," Zayn says. "I don't know why since you're the one pregnant, but I am."

"Me too," Louis agrees. "But we can make this work, can't we?"

"I-I'll try." Zayn says. He doesn't know how he's going to tell Harry but he knows if Harry knows he's going to leave him. So Harry must never find out.

...

A/n- trump won 😭