chapter 19

...

"Zayn, shut it off." The vibration of Harry's voice rings more than his cellular on the nightstand. He barely processes why Harry is even on his chest for a second. But from the way Harry tightens his grip around his waist, he immediately remembers that he slept over the previous night.

Zayn reaches over for his phone, groaning out, "Hello?" He didn't check the caller name but knows it's Louis when he's panting, his sob sounding all watery like he's been crying.

"Zayn, I-I'm at the emergency room, s-something's wrong with the baby, I-I don't know what happened, there was so much blood- everywhere. I'm so scared and I-I need you."

If Zayn didn't regret this last night, he surely does right now because here he is sleeping with Harry again while his husband is in distress. If he wasn't with Harry he could have been with Louis and probably this wouldn't even be happening.

"W-what?" He feels like throwing up and passing out. His emotions are going haywire, he feels everything. Dread, guilt and fear. "I'm on my way."

What if he loses the baby? It'll all be my fault.

"Please, just get here now," Louis begs, his voice sounding broken before he ends the call.

"What's wrong? Where are you going?" Harry murmurs out the second Zayn's scrambling off the bed and reaching for his clothing.

"Louis," Zayn says, "There's something wrong with the baby- what if he loses it? I-I can't-"

Zayn starts sobbing, ridden by guilt especially since the person he's cheating with on Louis is just next to him and now Louis might possible lose their child. Harry doesn't say anything, he just moves over and cradles Zayn's head to his chest till his chest till his sobs die out.

"I-I'm sorry," Zayn apologizes. "I should go, but I'm scared if I get there, it'll be too late and my baby might be- might be dead."

"Zayn... don't think that way," Harry says.

"Can you come with me?" Zayn suggests. "Fuck, that's a terrible idea."

"You're right, it is. I don't think Louis would appreciate my presence there," he says. "Your child will be alright Zayn."

"I love you," he says, heading towards the door. "I'll call you when I find out what's going on."

Harry nods at that, watching the man he loves leave, again.

...

When Zayn sees Louis, he feels his heart breaks. Louis looks so down, like he hadn't slept for days.

He runs over to meet him and holds him, Louis sobbing immediately when he sights him.

"What happened?" Zayn asks. "Is he okay- is our baby okay?"

"Yes," he sobs. "He's okay, he's alive."

Zayn sighs in relief, feeling like he hadn't been breathing all these while.

"What happened?" He asks again.

"This morning, I thought I had to pee and I-I went to the bathroom but there was blood everywhere, it was so much Zayn, I thought I lost our baby," He sobs. "I had an ultrasound right before you came and I could still see him and I've never felt so relieved."