chapter 23

Zayn calls one of his drivers to pick them up from the hospital after he checks out, the both of them staying at the back seat. Zayn places his hand over Harry's, rubbing it.

"Do you regret it?" Harry asks, glancing at him. Zayn looks very tense.

"No," he whispers. "I wish it went better, and I feel... guilty."

"Because of the baby?" Harry questions.

"I'm not sure if it's even mine, but if it is, then I'm an asshole for leaving Louis alone," he rubs his face with his hands.

"Why would you think it's not yours?" Harry asks, confused. Zayn has never mentioned that before.

"He told me it wasn't, but he could have said it out of anger, and I don't know what to believe. My life is such a mess. I'm sorry for dragging you into this,"

"I hate to say this, but I don't think Louis should be left alone with this baby," he says.

"You think so?"

"Yeah, you can show up for doctors appointments, make sure he isn't doing anything drastic... he looks really unstable," Harry points out.

"Aren't you scared?"

"That what?"

"I might go back to him again."

"I am... I still think you'd realize I'm not what you want and go back to him," Harry confesses.

"Never," he assures, lifting Harry's hand up. "I promise to never hurt you again."

...

"You're not coming with me?" Harry asks, looking confused when Zayn's driver parks in front of his house.

"No Harry," Zayn says casually. "I'd stay at a hotel."

"You can't be by yourself, you have a broken arm, how would you be able to care for it without me?" Harry asks. "I can take care of you."

"My arm is the exact reason I'm not coming up with you, I don't wanna be a burden," Zayn admits.

"You're never a burden," he insists. "I'd like to take care of you."

"I don't doubt it... but, I can be a little demanding sometimes, I don't wanna bother you,"

"Taking care of you would be my pleasure, trust me," he says. "Now c'mon."

Zayn smiles, looking at Harry fondly. "Alright."

They walk in together. "I need to sleep," Zayn yawns.

"It's a bit early," Harry says, checking the time. He leads Zayn to his bedroom, he can clearly remember when they had sex here, the night that led to his predicament.

"I feel exhausted," he says. From everything that's happened today, from the accident, the pain medication he took for his arm, and his ending things with Louis, he feels drained. "Can you help me take off my shirt? It's uncomfortable."

"Sure," he agrees. Zayn nods sitting on the bed, waiting for Harry. Harry starts slowly lifting the shirt, making Zayn wince when he accidentally pulls it too hard on his broken arm.

"Sorry," Harry apologizes, removing the shirt completely. Zayn lays down on the bed after that.

"I hate this," he says. "How am I supposed to do anything for myself?"

"It will only be a couple of weeks," Harry assures.

"A couple of months," he corrects, yawning when he feels like he's starting to get drowsy.

Harry bites his lips, thinking of exactly what will happen to him in a couple of months and how he'd look. He knows if he doesn't tell Zayn right now and here, he's never do it till Zayn finds out.

"Before you sleep," he starts, shakily. "I need to tell you something."

Zayn nods, not really paying attention to the real world, he's almost asleep already. "Tell me in the morning."

"Okay," he says, biting his lips. "Sweet dreams."

...

Harry moves his hand around the bed, trying to feel for Zayn. Last night, he got tired and ended up falling asleep next to Zayn. He opens his eyes when he doesn't feel Zayn's presence, seeing Zayn in front of him, struggling with wearing his shirt.

"You know, I could have helped with that," Harry says, resting up with his elbows.

Zayn smiles when he sees that he's awake. "Didn't wanna wake you up, you looked so peaceful," he says, walking over to Harry and pecking him. "Morning babe."

"Morning," Harry replies. "What time is it?"

"Six am," he answers.

"Why are you up so early?" Harry yawns.

"Daddy's gotta go to work."

Harry rolls his eyes at Zayn's choice of words. "Don't you think you should stay? Till you get a little better, at least,"

"I can't miss today, I have an important meeting," he says. "I'll be back before you know it, my driver is already here."

"Okay," he smiles. "I have a class by nine, so I'll just get ready now."

"Give daddy a kiss," Zayn says, cupping Harry's face with his hand, before kissing him.

"Okay, you need to be stopped," he says in a teasing tone.

"Sorry," he laughs, leaning to kiss Harry again, much deeper this time. He doesn't pull apart, he deepens it till they're almost making out. Harry pulls apart from the kiss.

"I can't wait to ravish you," he says.

"Go to work," Harry laughs.

"Tonight?" He asks.

"Are you forgetting you have a broken arm?"

"Just because my arm is broken doesn't mean my dick is."

Harry laughs loudly. "Bye Zayn."

Zayn pouts. "Bye Harry."

Zayn leaves the bedroom, seconds later, Harry hears the front door shut. Then he hears it open again, Zayn walks in.

"I almost forgot, you were supposed to tell me something this morning?" He asks.

Harry's heart begins to beat rapidly. Fuck, he forgot about telling Zayn, he even forgot about it entirely.

"D-don't worry about it," somehow, he doesn't have the same confidence that he did last night.

"You sure?" Zayn asks, raising a brow.

"I'm sure."

"I know somethings up, you're gonna tell me when I come back, okay?"

Harry bites his lip. "Okay."

...

just fluff