chapter 22

"I-I'm sorry b-but you have the wrong person," Harry stammers, trying to close the door but Louis prevents the door from being shut with his leg.

"I think I have the right person," he says, coming in fully and examining Harry's house. "You look exactly like a home wrecker to me."

"Can you leave? I didn't invite you in," Harry says, his eyes glancing every few seconds to Louis' baby bump. He's trying his hardest not to stare.

"And I didn't invite you to my marriage, but here we are," he says dryly. "Relax kid, I'm not here to fight. I'm here to get my husband, and I'll be on my way."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Drop the act," Louis rolls his eyes. "Look, I know you, I know you've been sleeping with my husband, I'm not here to attack you, I'm just looking for Zayn, I know he's in here."

"You mean, he's not with you?" Harry asks, confused.

"Are you dumb? If he was with me, why would I be here? Clearly, your brains aren't the reason Zayn's fucking you," he says bitterly.

"You can't come to my house and insult me," Harry says. "And Zayn isn't here, I don't know his location."

"You're lying," Louis concludes, entering Harry's house further, he starts to check everywhere. "Zayn! I know you're here."

"Stop it!" Harry complains. "You need to leave."

"I'm not leaving without Zayn," Louis says, his voice softer now. "Y-you took him from me."

"I didn't do anything."

"If you weren't in the picture we'd have been fine," he says.

"You were the one that left him, you broke his heart, and Zayn is such a good person, he decided to forgive you, you don't deserve it," Harry says, surprising his own self. But he has so much anger for the pregnant man, the one that broke Zayn's heart the first time, the reason Zayn is breaking his heart now.

"I am his husband, he loves me. You're just something temporary, he'll get tired of you soon,"

"He already has," he whispers to himself, not loud enough for Louis to hear him, he suddenly feels sick. "Clearly Zayn isn't here, so you have no reason to-"

He wasn't able to finish his sentence when a wave of nausea suddenly hit him. He runs to his toilet, emptying his guts.

Louis follows him, looking at him suspiciously. "Are you-" he's cut off as well, his phone ringing loudly in his pocket.

"Hello- yeah, I'm the husband- what? Where? I'm on my way," he puts his phone back in his pocket and starts leaving. His face, pale as a ghost.

"Was that about Zayn?" Harry asks.

"Y-yeah, he's just been involved in a car accident," he whispers, walking to Harry's front door.

"What?" Harry runs ahead of him, blocking his exit. "I'm coming with you."

"No way," he shakes his head.

"Either you let me come with you or you're not leaving," he threatens.

Louis doesn't really want to waste his time fighting or arguing so he agrees. "Fine."

...

Louis and Harry expected Zayn to be unconscious, but Zayn looks completely fine, he's sitting on the hospital bed, eating a sandwich with a cast on his hand.

He looks surprised seeing both of them together. Harry stands at the entrance while Louis goes to meet him.

"Zayn, are you okay? I was so fucking worried," Louis rushes over to him, and hugs him. Zayn doesn't hug back, or even look at him. He's just staring at Harry.