chapter 10

Harry feels like the continuous silence between him and Liam is ridiculous. Liam hasn't answered any of his calls and replied to any of his texts. So he goes to Liams room on Monday morning before class. It's really early, Liam is only just dressing up.

"Hi Li," Harry waves at him. Liam gives him a small smile but it's visibly painful. "You've been ignoring me," Harry says.

"I just needed to clear my head a bit, I'm sorry." Liam apologizes.

"It's okay."

"How've you been, Harry?" He asks. Harry replies, and they immediately start catching up. He's careful to avoid talking about Zayn though, now that he knows how Liam feels he doesn't want to purposely hurt his friend.

"Are you still seeing him?" Liam suddenly asks.

"Yes," Harry replies immediately.

Liam looks hurt. "Did you tell him about what happened between us?"

"No,"

"Why?"

"Li, I can't tell him. He'd freak." Harry can't even imagine Zayns reaction if he finds out.

"You should tell him anyway, it doesn't even matter because he's fucking someone else already." Liam says, watching the way Harry's eyes stare on the floor. "I don't know how many times I've said this Harry, he doesn't deserve you."

"Liam..." Harry says, warning Liam that he's about to cross a line.

"Sorry, I'm sorry. But Harry, he can't give you what you want." Liam says. "I know you Harry, and I know you'll want him to meet your mom but he can't because he's already with someone. Your mom would disapprove."

"And I know you'll want to get married, and start a family but he can't give you that because he already has one." Liam continues.

"Don't you think I know that?" Harry asks, raising his voice a bit.

"Then I don't get it. Why are you still with him?"

"Because I love him. And you don't know how much it hurts that I can't have him the way I want to." Harry says.

"Believe it or not, I know how that feels." Liam says, giving Harry a sad smile.

"I'm sorry Liam, I like you. I'm sorry I can't return the feelings you have for me." Harry apologizes.

"It's okay Harry. We can't control who our hearts want."

...

"Hey babe," Zayn says, kissing Harry on his lips as soon as his boyfriend enters his car.

"Hi Zayn," Harry says shyly. "Where are we going?"

"I'm sorry, I had plans for dinner with you but something came up and I have to go to work." Zayn explains. He places his hand on Harry's thigh as he drives.

"Then why am I here?" Harry asks.

"To keep me company." Zayn smiles at him.

Harry whines. "You're going to ignore me while you work like last time!"

"I won't baby, I promise I won't take long and we'd have plenty of time to ourselves."

"No, Zayn. I told you we had this new curfew thing. I have to be back to the dorms before twelve!" Harry complains.

"Oh," Zayn says. "Move out then and get an apartment."

"Zayn, not everyone is a trillionaire like you." Harry says, rolling his eyes.

"I'd pay for it. I'm sick of having to come to your dorm anyway. Your roommate always flirts with me. It creeps me out."

Harry laughs. "That's just how Niall is, he flirts with everyone. I think he might possibly be addicted to sex."

"You're living with a possible sex addict," Zayn notes. "Harry, you have to move."

"Zayn... I don't want to." Harry counters.

"What if I asked you to move in with me?" Zayn asks.

"Zayn- don't. Don't raise my hopes up, you know that's not possible." Harry says.

"Why isn't it possible?" Zayn asks. "It could be."

"Yes it could If you actually decide to leave him like you promised, but you won't so till then, don't play with my feelings." Harry warns.

"I'm not trying to play with your feelings, I'm sorry." He apologizes.

"Do you think I'm wasting my time with you?" Harry asks without thinking. Zayn immediately looks at him, his heart is pounding in his chest. This is it, this is how Harry's going to leave him.

"Harry-"

"I didn't mean to say that," Harry says when he notices the look on Zayns face.

"You did," Zayn mutters. "Do you think you're wasting your time with me, Harry?"

"Sometimes," Harry admits. "Sometimes I'm not sure you'd ever leave him, sometimes I fear you'd leave me instead."

"Do you really think I'd leave you? I can't leave you Harry." Zayn says.

"You didn't answer me. Am I wasting my time with you?" Harry asks.

"I want to be selfish and say no you're not," Zayn says. "But you are. You met me at a really fucked up time in my life. You deserve better, someone your age. Someone that can make promises to you and keep them. Someone that isn't married."

"But it's you I want," he says. "I don't know why but I can't leave you. Can you at least promise me that if you'd ever have to chose, you'd choose me?"

Zayn nods. "I promise."

...

A/n- Guys I'm torn because I like all the three ships. Zarry, zouis and lirry. 😭 Which ship do you guys want to sail at then end?
Did you guys notice a little difference in Harry's character? I made him a bit bolder because I got tired of him being a doormat.