chapter 14

"You can't ask me to choose," Zayn whispers, suddenly feeling like his whole world is crashing down.

"I shouldn't have to ask you, you would leave him if you truly love me, but I guess you don't," Harry says, sadly. "Just let me go."

"No," Zayn says, stubbornly.

"Stop being so selfish Zayn," Harry says. "I'm leaving you. We're over."

"I'd leave him," Zayn whispers. "I choose you."

"I don't believe you," Harry says, a bit shocked.

"I don't blame you, all I do is lie, from now on, I'm only going to tell you the truth." Zayn says, taking a deep breath. "Louis is pregnant."

"Y-you got him pregnant," Harry gasps. "Why Zayn- how could you do this?"

"I didn't plan to! It just happened!" Zayn defends. "But it's you I want so it doesn't matter."

"You're a dick," Harry says. "Don't ever talk to me again."

"Harry, I can't do that, you're overreacting."

"You're having a kid with him! Everything's changed now. I don't want to be part of this- whatever we have anymore."

"I said I would leave him!"

"It doesn't matter not until you can make him unpregnant," Harry says.

"You're being unfair, this isn't my fault," Zayn argues.

"It is! It's exactly your fault," Harry says, on the verge of tears.

"Can you just listen to me," Zayn says.

"There's nothing you can say to make me stay with you," Harry persists.

"Harry... I'm going to leave him, I'm doing this for us,"

"No," Harry says, wiping his tears as soon as they drop. "You're doing this for yourself."

"Are you really going to leave me?" Zayn asks. Harry isn't sure he can, he doesn't want to. Zayn is finally choosing him over Louis and he should be ecstatic about it but he isn't.

"I-I have to," He says. "Goodbye Zayn."

Zayn watches Harry leave the hotel room and he doesn't do anything to stop him. It's all his fault, if he had just kept his mouth shut about Louis being pregnant, none of this would have happened. But he decided to be honest for once and now he's lost the love of his life.

"Fuck!" He yells, swinging his arm and throwing the nearest object next to him which happens to be a vase. He doesn't stop there though, he grabs the next one and smashes it and he doesn't stop till the whole hotel room is totally trashed.

...

When Zayn gets back home, he's visibly sad. Something Louis notices too.

"Zayn," Louis says, surprised. "Where the fuck have you been?"

"Business trip," Zayn lies easily. Louis notices the current state of his husband, his eyes are bloodshot red and he looks like he might have been drinking.

"What's wrong?" Louis asks. Zayn wants to talk to someone about it, but definitely not Louis. He's probably going to call Justin later on but his best friend is just going to say, I told you so.

"Bad day," he mutters, ignoring Louis and going to their bedroom. Louis follows after him.

"You have no idea how mad I am," Louis says.

"I'm not in the mood for your bitching today, Lou," Zayn says.

"You- you can't just disappear for two days and expect me not to be mad!" Louis complains. He wants to tell Zayn he knows the truth, but he doesn't have any proof, well, not yet.

"I promise, I'll make it up to you later, but for now can you leave me alone? I have a headache and I just wanna sleep," He says, not waiting for his husband to reply.

"You disappeared for two days, you come home looking like shit, you never answered my calls," Louis says. "You made me worry, I'm pregnant, I'm not supposed to be worrying."

"I'm sorry, okay?" Zayn says, not even feeling sorry. He's just thinking about Harry and how he lost him.

"You didn't even ask how I was when you came in," Louis says. "You act like you don't care about me."

"What do you fucking want from me?" Zayn yells. "I'm a busy person, I can't be with you every fucking time."

"Don't raise your voice at me," Louis warns.

"Don't piss me off then," he replies. "I'm really not in a good mood now so stop bugging me before I do something I'll regret."

Louis laughs dryly. "You know what? I don't know why I still stay with you and your endless bullshit."

"Why don't you leave then? It wouldn't be the first time," Zayn says. "Everyone ends up leaving me after all."

"That's because you fucking push people away," He says. "I love you, but you make it really hard to love you sometimes. I'm going to stay at my Mom's till you get yourself together."

"Lou..." Zayn says, softer now.

"Goodbye Zayn," Louis says.

Zayn watches him pack some of his things in an overnight bag and leave. He doesn't stop him.

"I've lost both of them," he whispers.

...

yo yo yo it's been a while hasn't it?

Dedication: JAMACASH