Chapter 3

❄️

You praised yourself of your first victory down in the Fortress. After waking up from your nap in your room, you knew you had to visit the Pankration Ring before the day was over.

Thankfully when you arrived, there was a man looking for someone to fight. You eagerly challenged him, but he was skeptical, seeing that you were a girl. Despite this, he agreed to take you on. You felt him going easy on you at first, but after he took some hits from you here and there, he finally started to actually fight back.

Too bad he was currently unconscious, unable to see your victory face.

You stifled back a laugh as a worker carried his body away.

"That was amazing! You're truly talented, kid." The man who announced your winning said standing next to you, smiling.

You frowned. "I'm not a kid."

He blinked, taking back his words. "My apologies... you're just very young, compared to me."

Stretching your arm across your body, you listened for the visible crack in your spine. You sighed when you felt it, breathing in the warm air that the ring emitted.

Now that your day was finally over, you thought you would go and get a meal from the cafeteria before it closed.

"That was impressive, I'll have to admit."

Opening your closed eyes and gazing in front of you, you noticed a large man standing with his arms crossed. His piercing blue eyes looked into yours, a playful smile coming about his lips. His muscles were huge, and he had visible scars placed on his body.

You'd seen bigger men in the desert.

"And you are?" You tilted your head, taking in his features.

"That's not important. Right now, we're focusing on our fight." He spoke in a very confident tone, which was different from your previous opponent.

Laughing, you shook your head. "Alright."

"How do you want to do it?" He asked you, cracking his knuckles.

"I don't care. You could throw on some gloves covered with daggers, but it still wouldn't stop me from kicking your ass." You stated, smirking.

"Confident." He smiled. "Let's just do this bare, then."

You watched him strip his gloves off, followed by small chains that were wrapped in his clothing. You did the same, removing the cuffs from your hands and tossing them to the side.

The worker seemed anxious as he stepped off the ring. He initiated the match, making your excitement grow as you wanted to see what brute strength awaited you.

Cracking your neck, you dashed towards the man as he brought his fists up. You brought your leg up to deliver a blow to his side, which he blocked with his arm.

Using this to your advantage, you swung your fist towards his exposed chest. He clearly didn't expect this, but he took the blow and grabbed your arm in response.

Twisting it around and pulling you towards him, you watched as he attempted to punch your side. You spun around and dodge his attack, relentless punching his arm in response.

You continued to deliver various blows about his body. Even though most of them connected, he still managed to keep standing.

You figured he was probably trying to wear you down. With this thought in mind, you started to use your body to your advantage.

You brought yourself closer to him, closing the distance between you and him. Your noses brushed against each others, making his eyes widen with surprise.

With that, you smiled and used your knee to kick him in his crotch.

He coughed in response, immediately doubling back.

Men are so easy, you thought.

But it seemed like that wasn't enough to call it a match.

To your surprise, he immediately charged at you and punched your lower stomach.

You winced in pain, feeling the oxygen escaping your throat as you coughed up suffocating air.

Cheap trick. If that's how you want to play...

Quickly recovering, you swung your free hand at his chest once more. He realized what you were doing, and attempted to block your punch with his arm.

But you changed the course of your action, moving to his jaw. With your strength, you dug your knuckles into his skin, hearing an audible crack as he stumbled down onto the ground.

You weren't stopping there.

Using your feet to lock his arms into place, you kneeled down and pulled him into a headlock.

You felt him struggle as he gasped for air. Laughing, you spoke in a loud tone. "Gonna tap out?"

Just as you were going to release him, his knee connected with your forehead.

You fell back down, feeling his hands wrap around your wrists.

He pushed his knee onto your stomach, making you gag.

"Gonna tap out?" He mocked as you looked at him with angry eyes.

You felt your heart burn as you tried to move away from his grasp. His knee pressed deeper into your stomach, making you lose the wind in your throat.

Like hell I'm going to lose!

Spitting in his face, his grip was slightly loosened on your wrists. You used your strength to push you up and lock your head with his. The blow was painful, but it was worth it to watch him fall back down.

He held his nose as blood poured from it. Grabbing his wrists and pinning him down, you pressed your knee back into his crotch.

"Checkmate." You said, mimicking his tone.

You dug your knee into his legs, making him writhe in pain.

"Wriothesley!"

A loud yet tiny voice had called out over the ring. You looked up to see a tiny girl standing at the edge of the platform.

The man looked over to her, his struggle fading away under your grasp.

"There's been a problem at the infirmary. I need you there!"

You let go of the man, watching as he used the back of his hand to wipe away at his nosebleed.

Standing up, you moved away from him, wondering just exactly what had happened.

"So... did I win?"