Chapter 14

❄️

Wriothesley sat at his desk, his worry growing more and more deeper as his stomach turned. Chronie sat in her usual spot on the couch, watching him shift in his seat.

"Come in." A knock had sounded at his door for the ninth time now. He was bringing people in from the infirmary for questioning.

He never would have thought that someone could simply dissolve into water within the depths of the Fortress under his nose.

"Ah, if it isn't the troublemaker herself." Wriothesley watched you enter, a blank expression on your face. You didn't laugh at him, which put him in an odd position as he normally expected a chuckle or smile to come from your mouth.

"And what makes me a troublemaker?" You responded dryly.

Wriothesley cleared his throat. "Just the fact that you were trying to steal my title."

You let out a small laugh, making Wriothesley hide his smile.

There she is.

He noticed how Chronie tensed at her presence, making him avert his attention to her.

"Leave." He spoke, sternly.

Chronie looked at him with a bit of surprise, standing up. "Why? I've been here the entire time."

"Do I have to repeat myself?" He said, glaring at her.

She scoffed, walking past you in the chair. It took everything in you to not turn around and lunge at her.

"Fine." Chronie stood on the stairway, pausing at the rail. "Oh, and Y/N..."

Your eye twitched when she spoke your name.

"I don't care if you sleep with every man in the Fortress. But you can't sleep with him. I already had done so for you."

Your body shook with anger. Smiling, your leg started jumping up and down as you dug your nails into your palm.

All you could do was laugh.

"Get out." Wriothesley's voice pounded against the office, its intensity causing the walls to vibrate. Chronie quickly walked off before he was to approach her.

Not realizing that he had jolted up, he sat back down and sighed.

He slowly looked at you with a sort of shameful face.

You were staring back at him, that same expression plastered upon you when you had first visited his office.

"...Ah, let me start with the...interrogation..." Wriothesley hesitantly picked up a piece of paper.

"Sure." You said through gritted teeth.

He felt your tone ring through his body, knowing that he wasn't going to get your usual behavior back.

"Tell me what you saw."

"I watched a man dissolve into water."

"Details?"

"He drank water and dissolved into water."

"...What were you doing?"

"Talking."

"With who?"

"Avice."

"What were you talking about?"

"Her."

"What did she say?"

"She ate something bad."