Chapter 15

❄️

Wriothesley was such a confusing person to you.

One moment he's strict and stern, the next he's playing with your feelings.

"You thought wrong." You finally managed to respond to his playful comment, making him laugh as a reply.

"Jokes aside, you need to be careful down here. I know you're strong, but you have to pay attention to your surroundings." Wriothesley wrote down some more words onto the paper with a pen.

"I do watch my surroundings." You said.

"Really? Then have you noticed your stalker?"

Your head tilted at his words. "What do you mean 'stalker'?"

"Then that answers my question." He pushed his hair off his forehead, revealing a tiny scar that it was hiding.

"No one is stalking me." You crossed your leg over the other, folding your arms together.

"You spoke of Deakin. You hadn't noticed him following you around?" Wriothesley looked up at you, pausing his writing.

"...Huh?" You thought back to Deakin. You had never seen him around besides the three encounters you held with him.

But now that you really thought about it...

How did he know where my room was?

And how did that box with my outfit even get into my room?

"It looks like you figured it out." Wriothesley spoke.

You rubbed your arm, realizing you had goosebumps. "...He's nice. If he wants to follow me around, that's alright."

Wriothesley's smile faded. "A stalker is a stalker."

"So? He hasn't harmed me. In fact, he even came to take me to Sigewinne, despite that he was sick." You looked down at your wrist, smiling.

Wriothesley's jaw clenched. He quickly let his body relax, realizing how he was reacting. "Oh, don't tell me you're in love with him." He joked.

Wriothesley's laugh made you jolt. When he saw that you didn't immediately reply, however, he felt his stomach squeeze on its own.

Don't tell me she actually is...

"I don't know him like that. Of course I don't love him, nor do I like him." You finally said.

Wriothesley couldn't help the feeling of relief settle over him. Clearing his throat, he picked up the paper and read over its contents.

"You still need to be careful. Just because you're a good fighter doesn't mean you can always defend yourself."

You laughed at his comment. "I can take care of myself."

"Really?" Wriothesley looked at you, a grin finding its way to his mouth. "When was the last time you showered?"

"I don't know... like a couples of days ago? A few?" You felt your dry skin peeling off your bruised wrist.

"My point exactly. Go wash up." Wriothesley said.

"I would, but the hot water isn't working. I'd rather not bathe in ice cold water." You held back a foul word that you were going to call him.

"There's nothing wrong with a cold shower." He said. "It has a lot of benefits."

"Benefits that don't interest me." You replied. "I have never bathed in cold water and this Fortress won't make me change my mind."

Wriothesley thought to himself for a moment. Looking up at you and seeing the dust in your hair and on your clothes, he bit his lip.

"If you want to be like that, then you can use my bathroom for the night."

❄️

The hot water felt amazing on your skin. You relished in the refreshing sensation, pouring soap into your hands and lathering it onto your body.

Wriothesley's permission to use his bathroom certainly took you by surprise. You didn't even know he had an entire room located behind his office— it was decorated with red and black, a cozy setting giving off a strange sense of comfort when you first walked in.

Standing under the water and not wanting to leave, you let it fall onto your face. A few of your bruises ached from the pressure, but you were too lost in the feeling to give them attention.

Finally, you shut off the shower, sighing from the clean feeling your body emitted. You pulled back the curtains and stepped out, grabbing the black towel that Wriothesley had given you before you closed the bathroom door.

He is so privileged. You thought. A big bedroom and bathroom to fit his big ego.

Drying yourself off, you picked up the robe that Sigewinne had gifted to you, despite your comment about not needing a new outfit. She had told you that you could use it as pajamas, since you tended to just sleep in the same clothing.

Putting it on, its red color was certainly captivating. You tied it around your waist loosely, letting it fall off your shoulder.

You realized that Wriothesley was probably in his room by now.

Looking into his mirror, you stared at your reflection.

What am I doing?

Pulling the robe further off your shoulder, you watched the top of your breast become more exposed. You pulled open the robe a bit more, revealing more and more of your chest until it was inches away from showing your nipples.

You hoisted it higher onto your waist, letting your thighs come into the picture.

After a bit of touching up, you hesitantly opened the bathroom door with the towel over your arm.

Wriothesley stood in the corner over a small nightstand, gazing into a piece of paper.

His attention was slowly taken away from it when he watched you walk over to his bed, folding the towel neatly.

He looked at your back, watching it move as your robe hung off your shoulder.

"How was the water?" He asked.

"Hot." You replied.

"Good. I was afraid you were going to use it all before I could get in my—"

You turned around, holding the folded towel in your arms.

Wriothesley looked at your exposed chest, his words cut off. He quickly looked back into your eyes, watching you catch him in the act.

"Just what were you looking at, your highness?" Teasing, you stepped closer to him.

"The towel." He grabbed it from your grasp, making you huff.

"Sure. Thanks for the shower." You said.

Before you left, however, he knew he had to settle the score with you.

Especially since you had caught him off guard with your body he was gazing at.

"No worries. Next time, try not to stay in there using all my hot water. I thought about just jumping in with you to save some for myself."