Chapter 24

❄️

"Tea?"

Wriothesley handed you a cup of warm tea, not making it as hot as he normally did. You took it with gratitude, folding your legs onto the couch.

"Thank you." You slowly sipped at it, enjoying the bittersweet taste it gave.

"...Am I speaking to Y/N?" Wriothesley sat across from you, your bodies close enough for you to smell his cologne.

"...She's here." You let out a soft smile.

"Good." He said, looking at you. "I missed her."

You drank some more of your tea, not wanting to talk anymore. You felt like your crying had taken away your voice.

"...Why didn't you tell me?" Wriothesley asked.

You sniffed. "...Because I wasn't ready."

He slowly placed his cup of tea down on the table. "I understand."

"I'm really sorry..." You said. "My anger makes me say things I don't mean."

"I know you didn't mean it." He spoke. "Because if you did, you wouldn't be here right now."

You felt relieved by his words. "...Can you forgive me?"

Wriothesley studied you for a moment. "...I don't know, let me ask the Duke."

You looked up at him, confused.

Wriothesley turned his head and then nodded. "...The Duke says yes."

You let out a small laugh. "I'm sorry, I thought I was speaking to the Duke."

He smiled. "No. You're speaking to Wriothesley."

"Oh? What's the difference? I figured both of them are the same insufferable people with big egos." You joked, listening to his laugh.

"The difference is that the Duke always keeps himself composed. He doesn't let personal interactions get in the way of his work, and he certainly doesn't let people tarnish his reputation here..." You noticed that the distance between the two of you had somehow closed.

"...But Wriothesley is a bit softer. He may look big and bold on the outside, but things get to him."

"Hm." You hummed, grinning at up at him. "I took Wriothesley as the type of person who finds humor in the worst possible ways."

He tilted his head. "And I took Y/N as the type of person to never let her emotions show."

"Well, sometimes, she gets frustrated with herself. That's when she comes out." You responded. "She listens to her head so much, that her heart gets ignored."

Wriothesley leaned down to you, making you flinch. "Then what does her heart want?"

You felt his thumb brush back over your lip, looking at how he stared at them.

"...It wants—"

Your cup of tea that was sitting in your lap spilled over your thighs, making you jolt back from Wriothesley's touch.

"Crap..." You stood up, looking at your damp robe.

"Come on. I'll get you a towel." Standing up with you, Wriothesley walked over to the entrance of his room.

You followed him, shifting as you tried to keep your robe off your skin.

He switched on the lights to his room that gave off a very mellow tone. Going into his bathroom, you tried to loosen the tightness in your robe.

"Bad news." Wriothesley emerged from the bathroom, empty handed. "All my towels are dirty. I skipped laundry day."

"Great. Guess I'll walk around soaked then." You joked.

Wriothesley walked over to his door, seeming as if he was going to open it.

But you watched him turn the lock instead.

He turned back to you, while you raised a brow.

"Or you could just take it off."

You froze, looking at his hungry eyes. He let them fall to your chest, and then down to your thighs.

"..." Stepping closer to you, you felt your legs press against the edge of his bed.

"So what's it going to be? Soaked clothes, or none at all?" He grabbed your waist, feeling at the string that held them together.

Your body got hot, while you looked down at his chest. Moving your hand to his collar, you unbuttoned the first thread.

Wriothesley let out a low chuckle. He pulled the string from your robe, making it fall off your shoulders.

You didn't have time to react as he pushed you down onto his bed. You were quickly covered beneath his presence, feeling your legs separate for him.

"I don't think my question was answered..." He leaned down into you, whispering on your lips.

"...What does Y/N's heart want?"

"...Wriothesley."

He laughed softly while pulling a hand to your inner thigh.

And with that, his lips fell onto yours, finally closing the distance after what felt like an eternity of waiting.

— End of Part 1 —