Chapter 21

❄️

You were frustrated.

Laying on your bed, panting recklessly and you not being able to reach your climax, you angrily threw your pillow at the wall, screaming into the sheets.

"Fuck you, Wriothesley!"

Balling your fists, you screamed again into the bed until your stomach ached. Flipping over to come back up for air, your chest heavily fell while you glared at the ceiling.

You laughed, feeling your palm wince from your grip.

"I'm going fucking crazy down here."

Your feelings were mixed. One moment you're thinking about sleeping with Wriothesley, begging him to pound you, the next you're wanting to punch his mouth for his slick remarks.

"Damnit!" You yelled, sitting up. The pain medicine that Sigewinne had given you was kicking in, and you could feel yourself growing drowsy.

But your body was writhing for release.

You got up and went to your bathroom, turning on the sink to wash your hands. If your fingers weren't enough to make you finish, what could?

Wriothesley could.

"Fuck, Y/N! Shut up!" You lightly slapped your cheek, trying to fight off intrusive thoughts. You cupped your hands in the cold water, throwing it onto your face.

You didn't want to fall asleep. You had to find some kind of way to get rid of this energy.

Fiercely grabbing your robe and wrapping it around your body, you stormed out of your room, heading towards the Rag and Bone shop.

It took you a moment to navigate through the Fortress, but you were able to finally make it through.

"Welcome. Have a look around. Everything is half off today." A man greeted you as you walked in.

There were piles of materials scattered about the room, and you felt dissapointed as you were hoping a female was in charge of the shop.

Biting your lip, you looked down as you asked the man your question.

"Do you have... something that vibrates?"

"Hm... like a massage mechanic?" He asked.

You let out a silent sigh of relief, thanking the Archons that he didn't know your true intentions. "Yeah."

"I just sold the last one in stock an hour ago. My apologies."

Cursing under your breath, you turned to leave the shop.

"One moment, if you may." The worker stepped up to you, looking down at your robe. "I can put you on the list for preorders."

"Preorders?" You asked.

"Yes. The Fortress has finally opened the entrance back up, so we're now able to receive mail and goods once again."

You fiddled with the seams of your robe. "...Can I order anything through here?"

"Of course. As long as you can suffice the coupons, that is." He gave you a smile.

You crossed your arms over your body, giving him a shameful look.

"Can you order me a... um... toy?"

❄️

Wriothesley sat in his office, drinking tea by himself. He enjoyed the company of silence that surrounded him, putting his mind at ease from all of his work.

Well, almost at ease.

A Garde had just left his office after dropping off boxes of goods. He made it his job to manually search through the mail that was being transported here for the time being, considering that he lost his trust in the Gardes of the Fortress.

Placing down his cup, he examined a large box that was marked with medicinal stamps. Grabbing his pocket knife and slicing the box open, he sorted through various bottles and vials of medicine.

"This one is good." He closed the box back up, placing red tape on top of it. He used his foot to push it over beside him, moving to the next package.

It was marked with "Rag and Bone" on the side, and he repeated the same process as before.

"Junk... junk... and more junk." He mumbled as he sifted through packages with prisoner's names on them.

Picking up a pink package, he turned it over to cut open its contents.

But he paused at the name.

To: Y/N L/N

"Oh?" He smirked, turning the package over and trying to feel what was inside.

Instead of cutting it open, he pushed it over on his desk and continued to go through the rest of the goods.

It was a tedious process, but he eventually finished. Sitting back in his chair and picking his tea up, he gazed at the package he put to the side.

Grinning, he suddenly stood up and placed the package in his arms. He walked out of his office, making sure to leave a note on the door for the Garde to not let anyone inside while he was gone.

Wriothesley made his way to the female dormitories, noticing the small stares he received. People had created a rumor about the solitary confinement space, and he loved hearing the ridiculous gossip about what goes on in the room.

"I heard you get starved."

"Someone said that it's made of hot metal!"

"Nah, the Duke wouldn't do that. There's a rule about not harming prisoners..."

Wriothesley chuckled to himself. He had altered that rule long ago after the incident with the Beret Society.

He walked down a hallway until he made it to the last door, pausing for a moment before he knocked.

He heard small footsteps approaching, followed by the opening of the door.

"...What do you want?"

"Why the cold shoulder?" He looked down at Y/N, who seemed to have just woken up. She looked in better health than she did during their last encounter, which gave him relief.

"You're the last face I want to see down here." She said, leaning against the door frame.

"Aw, that's too bad. Because your face is the one I'm always wanting to see." He teased.

But it seemed what he considered his 'charm' didn't work on her this time.

"What do you want?" She repeated her question, frowning.

Wriothesley pulled out the package from his arm, handing it to her. "This came in for you."

She looked down at it with a bit of surprise, snatching it from his grasp. "...Thanks."

Just as she was closing the door, his foot stopped it from shutting. "Ah ah ah. Not so fast."

"Why can't you leave me alone?" She protested, looking at him with a cold expression.

He had to admit, he didn't like her hostile behavior. "Because I'm the Duke. Must we go through this process again?"

She rolled her eyes, pushing the package under her arm. "Whatever."

"What's the rule about the mail that gets processed through here?" He asked.

"That it gets sorted through by the Gardes." She said.

"Good job." He spoke. "Except this time, the Gardes didn't go through the packages."

She raised a brow. "Okay?"

"I took on the trouble of going through everyone's mail today."

Wriothesley's body grimaced in her reaction. He watched her muscles tense, her eyes widen, and the color drain from her face.

"Except... I forgot to go through yours."

He couldn't hold back his grin.

"Care to inspect it together?"