Chapter 6

❄️

"What is this?"

Wriothesley stared at an empty vial that was placed on his desk. Chronie sat in the corner of his office, eyeing his every move as the female Garde stood before him.

"We found this in Wolsey's room. It was hidden behind a false panel in the wall, along with some artifacts. After testing it, it was confirmed to be poison mixed with Primordial sea water." The Garde explained.

"Good work. Is he still in the interrogation room?" Wriothesley picked up the empty vial, staring at the blue remnants of liquid dried on the sides.

"Yes. We just placed him under arrest as well, and we're continuing to search the room."

He nodded his head. "And the victims?"

"Miss Sigewinne has created a cure for them. Although most are still greatly affected by the sea water, thankfully only a small trace remained in their systems. Most of them have vomited it out."

"Alright. You can leave." Wriothesley wrapped the vial in a piece of cloth as the Garde exited.

"How come I don't get praise like that?" Chronie's voice said.

Wriothesley looked at her with a strange expression. "...Because you haven't done anything to be praised for."

"I've been slaving over this paperwork. I at least deserve a thank you..." She said, signing a document.

Wriothesley sighed. "Fine. Good work."

"That's not good enough." Chronie slammed the paperwork on the table, making Wriothesley turn his head. "I want more than some forced gratitude."

"And just what do you want me to do? Praise you for signing three pieces of paper?" He said.

"Take me out."

He was taken aback by her comment. "Excuse me?"

"You've done it before! How could you have forgotten?" She walked to the side of his desk, looking at him with lustful eyes. "Did that night mean nothing to you...?"

Wriothesley let out a deep breath. "...That was one time."

"So let's make it more. I did agree to be your assistant for free, if you don't recall that either. At least pay me in this way..."

Putting her hand on his chest, he exhaled.

❄️

"Your Grace! Welcome back."

Wriothesley had just finished signing his name onto the same guest sheet in the Pankration Ring. Looking up, he noticed that the ring was packed today.

"Has she been here at all today?" He asked.

"Oh, the desert girl? She was here earlier this morning, but left shortly afterwards. She won the match, but didn't stay to retrieve her coupons." The worker replied.

"Hm." Wriothesley hummed. "Sign her up with me."

"Ah, that's right. The match was called as a draw..." Walking over the bulletin board and scribbling down some names, he wrote down Wriothesley and Y/N in bold.

Wriothesley walked over to the side of the ring, stripping off his accessories. He figured he would warm up before Y/N was to arrive.

Well, he at least hoped she would come. He didn't exactly give her a time to meet, only specifying the day.

Wait. He thought. There is no way I'm hoping she would be here.

No, no. He continued. It's only to settle the match. I'll win.

Stretching his arms, he waited for his spine to crack.

He did a few simple stretches, followed by some pushups.

Then some squats.

Then crunches.

Then some soft air punches...

...

Damnit. Where is she?

Wriothesley had no idea how much time had passed. He practically did a full-blown workout.

Groaning and standing up, he grabbed his coat and threw it over his shoulders, heading to the entrance.

"...that's why I'm here."

To his surprise, he found Y/N chatting away with the worker.

"What a story. Do you have any desert stories you'd like to sh— oh, Your Grace! I'd forgotten you were here."

Both of them looked over at Wriothesley, who had his eyes set on Y/N.

Not because of her timing, and neither because she had just been here having idle conversation...

But because of what she was wearing.

She was still fairly exposed, but her curves and skin were more apparent. The two piece that sat on her hips and breasts made her quite the sight for sore eyes.

"Why are you sweating? Don't tell me you're tired." She spoke.

"Just warming up." He said, looking away from her. "You've been here this entire time?"

"More like 15 minutes. I just got distracted." She looked at the worker, catching him staring at her chest.

"Ah, of course. Let me initiate the match..." Turning his gaze, he walked over to the ring, grabbing a bell and putting it in his hands.

"You still hurt?" Y/N asked.

Wriothesley had removed his bandages. His bruises had died down, but they would fade away on their own.

"Of course not." He said, still feeling his sore jaw.

"Good. Because you're going to feel a lot more than last time." She stepped on one side of the ring, watching him toss his coat to the side.

The worker rang the bell, catching the attention of the visitors.

"The Duke and Y/N will now continue their fight from yesterday! Please place your final bets!"

Cracking her neck, she placed her hands on her hips and smiled.

Wriothesley did the same, but in the opposite way of his bruised jaw.

A moment of murmurs went by until the bell was rang again.

"Now... fight!"